"WE LOST TEH GAYM SO DIS TRADE SUXXX," said the fair-weather jag-off in 119. We're 1-1 in the Chrisvin Stewenkirk era and now we get to test the short-term effects of the trade with Colorado coming to town tonight. How much you wanna bet that there's a "Thank You" video package tonight for Eeeej and Silent Jay?
Also, the "E.J.'s Juniors" section is still up in the top boxes due to sponsorship issues. I'm sure he'll have a laugh at that tonight. I say we make it "B.J.'s Juniors" for obvious, funny reasons. Crombeeeeen.
- After energizing the fans so much with the trade and Saturday night's win to the point where I couldn't score free tickets to a matinee game, the old Blues returned during yesterday's second period against Chicago. [P-D]
- Apparently, Captain Serious got serious, thus propelling Chicago to victory. [NHL.com]
- Roman Polak got Turco'd yesterday. [YouTube]
- It's time for that one feature on STLToday with Andy Strickland, so don't even click this link. (Everybody loves the trade, etc etc). [P-D]
- Big Johnson is coming back tonight. Silent Jay is, too, but nobody cares enough for him to headline an article. Remember, "cult favorite." [NHL.com]
- Matt Duchene will probably be in the line-up tonight for Colorado. [FOX]
- Fuckface Eklund insists that Alexander Semin, who recently re-upped in Washington, is going to be traded. I'm trying to get him to believe one of my rumors. I suggest you do the same. [My Gatdamn Twitter]
- Cue the Brass Bonanza: the Whalers and Bruins alumni played an outdoor game and it was awesome. Bring them back already, Bett Man. [Puck Daddy]
- Nobody Loves Sheldon Souray. [Puck Daddy]
- This trade was great for dicks who love rhyming headlines to go with their sports news. "PENS DEAL FOR NEAL." OH MAN, NICE ONE. [NHL.com]
- Terrence M. Pegula, a former Buffalo season ticket holder, decided to up and buy the team. His reign starts today. [Buffalo News]
- How many times have you read this headline in the past few years?: "Florida Panthers must start over." When is enough enough? [Miami Herald]
- The Oilers' youth suuuure can score. [Montreal Gazette]
- I know this site looks fishy, but trust me, I use it to watch movies I don't want to pay for all the time. Just make sure your pop-up blocker is on. [Film FM]
- Make clocks out of your old vinyl records. [Yanko Design]
- He will never have a girlfriend! [Smosh]
Wrestling dominated the trending topics last night on Twitter, so I guess it's popular again. This video goes out to your prospect guru, Tomorrows Blues. Dawg, if you aren't familiar with "Botchamania" and its 150+ episodes, let me introduce you. Anything with Steve "Mongo" McMichael is great.
I'm going to California for a few weeks, making it even easier to do the links. See you in the Pacific timezone starting tomorrow. Hoobastank.
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com