Let's be real for a moment, friends. The Oilers have more "Who's this freaking guy?" players than about any team in the league. Yes, even more than the St. Louis Adam Cracknells.
There were some bright spots. I'm not the bullet point guy, but I'll adapt and overcome like I am.
- You think there was a message sent from Ryan Reaves to Cam Janssen in the first? CamSmash got into a marathon fight with a guy bigger than him (shocking). He absorbed some hits. Gave some back. The fight took forever. On the ensuing faceoff, Reaves dropped his gloves and then some bombs. His fights are short, but they can fuck you up. And looking at Reaves smiling and waving to the crowd, he wants this job. Sorry, Eureka, Mo.
- T.J. Oshie's goal from a horrible angle where he roofed the puck through a centimeters-wide hole was amazing. And you know who knew it was amazing? Oshie who did the skating on one leg with a fist pump and tongue wagging celebration, something we haven't seen in a long time. Nee more of that next year, sir. A lot more.
- Never was this game in doubt. If I was an Oilers fan, I'd be knotting that rope and finding a stool right now.
- Jaroslav Halak gets the charity shutout. That's what we'll call it.
- During the broadcast they showed a fan with a Panger No. 1 Blues sweater. Other than it being really weird, we had tweeted it about an hour before game time on the Game Time twitter account. So nice scoop, FSN. Good thing they're following us. You?
So that's that. Celebrate. Talk college basketball (Go Butler).