Oh yes, times are tough. But they weren't always this way.
Remember the times when the Blues were winning, went 9-1-2 and played with heart, passion and excitement? Those were the good.
Then one by one injuries began to eat our roster and the inconsistent play ensued. Those were the bad.
Now heart and passion are long gone and a sense of a quick end seems inevitable. These are the ugly.
Oh boy, Backes is not happy with yesterday's game. You're not alone - we fans are quite pissed too. [CBC]
Lighthouse Hockey has a long recap with game lowlights.[Lighthouse Hockey]
Now turning a critical eye towards Ben Bishop, do you think he is playing better than his numbers show? I'd love to see him play with good defense and actual puck handling around him for an entire game before I commit to the answer, yes. [Post Dispatch]
- NASCAR or NHL. If there is an NFL lockout, something will capitalize. I vote getting away from the TV and taking a walk, climbing on a jungle gym, jumping into a pile of leaves, creating fantastic snow art or playing flag football with your friends and family. Then drink and watch hockey. [Washington Post]
- Hockey on TV. Will the NHL stay with Versus? Switch to ESPN? Will NBC put all of the games on CNBC and MSNBC? WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN? [Philadelphia Inquirer]
- Goalie fights always make me giddy. [Buzzing the Net]
- Everybody loves a good comeback story [hint*hint Blues hint*hint]. Alas, it's not the Blues, but Carey Price. [Puck Daddy]
- Columbus Cottonmouths Fight Night Jerseys. The look like they were designed by Ed Hardy. Add a few rhinestones here and there for extra pizazz and I will reevaluate. [Puck Daddy]
- Ottawa will not fund Quebec City Arena. [THN]
80's stars who look good today. 1. I can't believe Iman is 55. and 2. Jennifer Connelly makes the list. [Complex.com]
Today in Weird History. [Death By 1000 Papercuts]
Sometimes the most badass ideas are also some of the craziest things ever. Introducing Underwater Ice Hockey. [The Daily What]
First we have a NATGEO lesson on the Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger sent in by Healthy Scratch.
And few things make me happier than a sham wow / sham wow guy parody. Thanks, beer good.
Well, I'm out like a fat kid in dodgeball. Brad is on deck for the week, so you know the drill -
gametimelinks [at] gmail.com