Put an injury-riddled bow on the Blues season. Stick a concussed fork in the Blues. You get the idea.
But the Rivs are in the playoffs, so there's that.
- A shutout and goal-scoring milestones make for a satisfying final game of the season. [Post-Dispatch]
- Barring a highly unlikely lottery outcome, the Blues 1st round draft pick will end up with Colorado while the Avs 2nd rounder will come over to St. Louis. [Mile High Hockey]
- The theme of the Checketts era: Just not quite enough. [Post-Dispatch]
- The Hurricanes simply choked away their chance at a playoff spot. As a result, the Blueshirts are moving on to the playoffs. [Puck Daddy]
- The Hawks can still be kept out of the playoffs. Act like your actions can affect the outcome of their game. [TSN]
- It's been echoed a few times in the comments, but as an Illini fan, I can't bring myself to root for Michigan in anything. All hail Minnesota-Duluth, your NCAA D1 hockey champions. [Puck Daddy]
- Scapegoat identified: The Senators axed three coaches in response to a lackluster season. [Silver Seven Sens]
- Tampa Bay Ass't Coach Wayne Fleming has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. Fuck cancer. [Raw Charge]
- You'd figure Dan Ellis would be in on some of these hijinx, right? [Cracked]
- The funniest receipts in all the land. [Super Booyah]
Sure, Oshie gets knocked off his skates from time to time and sometimes it ends up costing the team. Occasionally, though, highlight reel shit like this takes place.
Sure, most of track is all about running fast and turning left. But on occasion, a perfect idea is concocted: Born of brute strength, athletic technique, and setting stuff on fire, I submit the Flaming Hammer Throw.
GTPD is coming down the internet pipeline to tell you all about the Rivermen and their Calder Cup endeavors.
Brad Flick is back to link shit through the week. Gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com