I hope everybody is safe after that storm-filled day yesterday. I was getting some crazy text messages about what was happening. The texts were mostly people laughing at the stupid way the local weatherpeople described the storms, but it still was a bit nerve-racking, especially after what happened in Joplin.
- Tampa Bay won in a high-scoring affair, sending the Eastern Conference Finals to what should be a dramatic 7th game. [NHL]
- Stanley Cup of Chowder reacts. [SCoC]
- This dude thinks that the Sharks are the best team to never reach the Cup Finals. Huh? What was that? Oh, sorry, I was too busy reading something interesting. [San Francisco Chronicle]
- Seattle wants an NHL team now. Anybody else, please stand up. Let's just get this over with. [CBS Sports]
- Pucker up, it's Steve Downie! [Puck Daddy]
- The NHL is helping support the tornado victims in Joplin. Fuck yeah. [Fox]
- The Islanders signed Kyle Okposo to a 5-year deal yesterday. Could he be their next captain? Will the Islanders even be around in a few seasons? Who knows. [NY Post]
- Some jersey concepts for defunct teams. I'm a huge fan of the Maroons concept. [Icethetics]
- This man gave his life to save his wife from the tornado in Joplin. He goes down in history as one of the manliest men of all men. [YouTube]
- A selling point for a couch on Craigslist is that nobody had sex on it. Poor guy. [Tosh.0]
- Picture a flipbook animation, add balloons and multiply it by ridiculous. Here's the result. [Dude Craft]
British people have so much time on their hands, they have Michael Caine fights.
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com