When you think "Stanley Cup Final game-winning goal," Raffi Torres doesn't come to mind. After last night, now he does.
- Polak has been extended 5 years and Sobotka will be here for another 3... ladies. [The Score]
- Hockey was played last night. Vancouver takes game 1 in a back-and-forth game. The only goal came with 18.5 seconds left in the 3rd. If you took a drink every time the net became dislodged last night, you were probably puking by the 2nd intermission. [NHL]
- Our SB Nation bros from each city weigh in on Game 1. [SCoC] [Nucks Misconduct]
- The goaltending be crazy up in h'naw. [ESPN]
- Alex Burrows was seen biting Patrice Bergeron last night, which caught the attention of the NHL. [TSN]
- Winnipeg fans purchased 1,870 season tickets on the first day. [SB Nation]
- Greedy-ass Toronto wants a second NHL team. Personally, I say, "fuck 'em." They've already got the Marlies and the Leafs downtown. [CTV]
- The Oilers have plenty of top picks in this year's draft and are ready to not suck next season. [NHL]
- During a Steelheads game (ECHL), a stoned-lookin' fan somehow made his way onto the ice. I've never seen this sort of thing happen ever. [Puck Daddy]
- Flipbooks rule. [A Brief History of Everything]
- Horse herpes. [CNN]
- TB busts in the room with "good news, everyone!" Calvin and Hobbes are back! A cool look at Calvin's life as an adult. [NPR]
Important life lesson: chicas... they just for fuuuun.
I was up late, up early and now off my lunch break. I needed that.
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com