Chicago Nashville, Phoenix, Los Angeles and St. Louis in the semifinals. No Chicago, Detroit, San Jose or Vancouver. Is this real life? I love the new Western Conference.
- I witnessed the last LA/STL game in person and it was far from boring. It was the most entertaining 0-0 game I had seen in a while. So much hitting. So many great saves. So many people screaming, "Goddamn you, Brian Elliott," from the upper-bowl. [P-D]
- Elliott gets the call for Games 1 & 2. [Washington Post]
- He also was on SportsCenter to talk the Blues' wild ride, his national championship with Wisconsin and his moose call. A Blues player... on SportsCenter. I repeat: is this real life? [ESPN]
- Fuck Chicago, Detroit, Vancouver and San Jose. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Doug Armstrong is a nominee for GM of the Year. [Winnipeg Free Press]
- #BackesForSelke. [P-D]
- Goaltending rules the West. I honestly believe that whoever wins the West will win the Stanley Cup. [ESPN]
- The NHL's trending topics. Hot goalies and the future of recently eliminated "powerhouses" are the key points of discussion in the Twitterverse. I'm sorry, I won't say "Twitterverse" again. [NHL]
- Alfredsson, Lupul and Pacioretty have been nominated for the Hologram Masterton Trophy. [NHL]
- Eberle, Campbell and Moulson are your Lady Byng Finalists. [Montreal Gazette]
- The Senators have history working against them for Game 7 against the Rangers. [National Post]
- They also might be without Milan Michalek, who allegedly kicked Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi. [LFP]
- Wysh weighs in on supplemental discipline. [Puck Daddy]
- Will playoff ratings slide without Chicago, Detroit, San Jose and Vancouver? Probably, but who gives a fuck? This is the new West. [USA Today]
- Save the Nassau Coliseum already, damnit. [Newsday]
The new heroes of the Western Conference are like The Budget Avengers. Nobody cares about them.
Read more SLGT shit below and send me links for tomorrow.
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com