God, this week has been SOOOOO boring...when do the Blues play again? ...what's that? Tonight?!?
Time for an Arty Party!
Let's dust our shit off and get ready, shall we?
- While down in Lower Carolina, Coach Hitchcock decided to mix-up some of the line combinations. [STLToday]
- Vladimir Sobotka has been good at the faceoff dot so far this year. Like, ridiculously good. 41/59, or 69.5% good. [Frozen Notes]
- Do you have questions that you really need Ryan Reaves to answer? Well too damn bad, lazy slobs, because yesterday was your chance. Here's what Reaver had to say: [Blues]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY - VANCOUVER CANUCKS:
- The Canucks played last night, beating the Devils in a shootout - making Roberto Luongo 2-0 against his old frenemy Cory Schneider. [Canucks]
- In years past, the Canucks have been known for diving. This year, their head coach is John Tortorella. John Tortorella does not wish for his team to do so. [The Province]
- David Booth was a healthy scratch for the Nucks on Tuesday, though he was back on the ice last night. According to Torts, "he's not doing enough to play." [Pass it to Bulis]
- A lot of teams played games last night. I haven't done the math, but I would guess that approximately 50% of those teams won. Give or take. [NHL.com]
- Six games on the docket tonight. The highlight matchup is probably right here in town, but if you're looking for a game to DVR, the Pens and Islanders are set for a rematch of last year's first round. And if you need to torture a criminal to find out where they planted a bomb before it goes off and kills dozens of innocent people, might I recommend making them watch the Panthers host the Sabres? [NHL.com]
- The Sharks outshot the Bruins last night 39 to 17. So of course Boston won by scoring a goal with :00.8 seconds left in the 3rd period. And no, that is not a typo. Corsi numbers and fenwick totals are no match for a good blaster at your side.* [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
*"A good blaster" in this case being a hot goaltender and a vastly superior opponent taking their foot off the gas pedal.
- The Washington Capitals have played 10 games. Alex Ovechkin plays for the Washington Capitals. In those 10 games Alex Ovechkin has played for the Washington Capitals this season, he has scored 10 goals. Therefor, we can infer that Alex Ovechkin is good at ice hockey. #Logicbomb [Pro Hockey Talk]
- The Lighting(s) were holding on to a one goal lead in Chicago last night with less than 2:00 left. So naturally, they gave up an embarrassing own goal to tie the game. Unlike all of the many other embarrassing goals that have been given up the past couple of weeks, however, Tampa Bay went on to win the game. But seriously, it seems that the Hockey Gods are just fucking with us all, aren't they? We might need to make a sacrifice to appease them - I nominate Patrick Kaleta. [Puck Daddy]
- Think of the one LA King that you would least like to see score a hat trick. No, not that one. Sorry, not that one either. Or even that one. THAT'S THE ONE! That's right, fucking Dwight King scored a hat trick in LA's 7-4 win over Phoenix. [Kings]
- Pekka Rinne's hip is infected. He'll be out for 4 weeks, which the last time I checked, includes tomorrow night. [On the Forecheck]
- The Cardinals remembered how to play baseball last night (and in the 7th inning, the Red Sox forgot), so the World Series is even at 1-1. [Viva El Birdos]
- Here's a fun game: Six Degrees of Kevin Garnet. Put in any two professional baseball, football, basketball, or hockey players and they will connect them through teammates. Unfortunately you can only connect hockey players with other hockey players, but I was able to connect Red Grange to Stubby Clapp. If that's not a miracle, I don't know what is. [Slate]
- Not four years ago, Orlando, FL didn't have a single professional soccer team. Then they got a USL-Pro team called Orlando City SC. Now, after a stadium vote, they'll be an MLS team in two years. Great news if you want an MLS team in St. Louis. [SBNation Soccer]
- Nothing makes you feel older than seeing a child actor on a TV show you've been watching for years grow up as you watch. Here are some great examples, including Arya Stark, probably the most badass character on TV! [Vulture]
- The first trailer for Captain America: Winter Soldier came out yesterday. Unfortunately, it's only loosely based off of David Backes' life story. [Nerdist]
In case you haven't seen it, the respective symphonies of St. Louis and Boston (two of the best in the country, BTW) decided to do a little orchestral battle royale to warm up for the World Series.
I'm at least 80% sure that some of you go to read other websites on the internet during the day. It's okay, I'm not mad or anything. I'm not really the jealous type. I just ask that you share your awesome finds with the rest of us!
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
It's gameday, so we'll have lots of great shit for you! Also, there's no Cardinals game and it's a college student discount night at Scottrade, so unless you have other plans, you don't really have any excuse not to head down to watch the game - and be sure to tip your Game Time vendors, while you're at it, cheap skates!