Sorry about yesterday. I'm coming off of a nasty allergy/cold/whatever makes you cough and puke for an hour straight in the middle of the night. Links are a little light today, but existent!
CLICKS OR GET THE FUCK OUT!
- The Blues put 6 on the board last night, but unfortunately failed to convert the extra point. I'd make a Mizzou joke here, but A) that was a chipshot field goal, not an extra point, & B) Mizzou fans have suffered (nearly) enough. Your recap from FakeGoodHuman: [SLGT]
- Here's how the other half saw it - although Dirk didn't have too much to say. [On the Forecheck]
- Vladimir Sobotka is really earning a bigger role in the offensive end. I'd complain about how unsustainable that is, but then again, so is Alexander Steen and his 10 goals in 9 games. [STLToday]
Trying to keep it light, so just last night's scores and today's schedule. But if there's an awesome topic or article I missed, I highly encourage thread-jacking in the comments!
- Here are your scores from last night. Divisional highlights include the Jets 2-1 over the Stars in a shootout and the Wild 5-3 over Chicago, plus the Devils scored 2 PP goals in the last 1:08 to beat the Bruins in what I assume was the most frustrating thing to happen to Boston sports fans last night. [NHL.com]
- 5 games today, the biggest around these parts being the somehow-still-first-place Avalanche hosting Winnipeg. There's also the Battle of Florida...you know, if you're into that sort of thing. [NHL.com]
- The Cardinals. 2 games to 1. Chances are you've heard what happened, but if not, get caught up. [Big League Stew]
- Do you hate how play-by-play men (and women) have their go-to pre-planned calls for big moments in the games that takes the spontaneity and fun out their performance? Well, one way to combat that is to have a World Series game end with a walk-off obstruction call. Here's how 5 different broadcasts handled it, including Mike Shannon & a couple dudes in Spanish. [Awful Announcing]
- Oh, it's Sunday, so find the NFL games on in your area. [506 Sports]
- Finally, your Science
SaturdaySunday: astronomers have verified that they've discovered the oldest and farthest galaxy ever spotted, 13.1 billion light years away. No word on if any war-like events did or did not transpire a long time ago in this galaxy far, far away. [Huff Post Science]
From doubleduck comes this Metallica/U2 mashup of their respective "One"s. It's pretty sweet.
The Walking Dead is tonight. Here's what they're saying (or singing) when you turn off the volume - assuming that you're a Bad Lip Reader.
Donut King graces you with his presence tomorrow. Link him up with some hooks!*
*Scratch that...reverse it.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com