- Season opener and home opener for the Blues and all that good shit tonight. And remember . . . GAME STARTS AT 7:30PM CDT BECAUSE OF THE CARDINALS/NLDS. Set your drinking and swearing schedule accordingly. Fuck the Predators!
- Brenden Morrow may miss tonight's game due to work visa issues. If that's the case, Vladimir Sobotka moves up to the third line and Magnus Paajarvi will play on the fourth line. [StL Today]
- Beyond Checkerdome, Episode 11. Hildy joined us. Tim, Hildy and I talked about a variety of stuff, including beer, new rules changes, the roster and more. [SLGT]
- Season kickoff GTGT on Friday at Cousin Hugo's in Maplewood. Be there! Unless you live 1,500 miles away, like I do. [SLGT]
- Day 2 of Za Hockees. Your scores (Maple Leafs over Flyers, Red Wings over Sabres, Avalanche all over the Ducks). [NHL.com]
- Your hockey game slate for today. I hear some team in blue might be opening up tonight. [NHL.com]
- Apparently Patrick Roy was angry at Bruce Boudreau and broke the glass between the benches during that Avs-Ducks game. Here's a GIF. 81 MORE GAMES OF THIS, AVS FANS! Enjoy, fuckers. [CJZero]
- SB Nation Hockey Godfather, James Mirtle, has compiled each team's opening roster average height, weight and age. The Blues, you ask? Tied for 28th in average height, second alone in average weight (insert Keith Tkachuk joke here) and tied for 23rd in average age. [Blogspot / Mirtle]
- Statues of Wayne Gretzky in his hometown of Brantford, ON were vandalized. [Toronto Star]
- Fox Sports 1 said they're going to show more hockey highlights than ESPN on its' flagship sports highlight program. Lo and behold, they did just that on night one. [Awful Announcing]
- Gary Bettman hasn't banned fighting in the NHL yet because, basically, he doesn't feel like he has to. For once, he's right about something. [Puck Daddy]
- Who's not right? Steve Yzerman, who told Darren Dreger that it's time to give game misconducts to people who fight in the NHL. Hey, would you like to tell that to B.J. Crombeen, Mr. Yzerman? I mean, he's still on your fucking team, dude. [TSN]
- All this debate was stirred up because of the incident between George Parros and Colton Orr on Tuesday night. Good news . . . Parros has been released from the hospital. He has a concussion but no fractures. [Canadiens]
- Tomas Vokoun will be out 3 to 6 months due to that blood clot problem he had in preseason. For now, the Penguins will back up Marc-Andre Fleury internally, going with Jeff Zatkoff as the backup. [Penguins]
My internet crapped out on me and I finished on my phone, so no other shit today. Besides, it's hockey day.
The Royal Half fucks some things up, but not this. We're up all night to watch hockey. (S/T J-Mill)
I'm ready, motherfuckers. Are you?
J-Mill's got your weekend links. Send him the love:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
J-Mill ALSO is one of a host of our talented writers giving you content ahead of tonight's season opener. Seriously, there's so much shit posting today that I can't even count 'em, so definitely stay tuned.
LET'S. GO. BLUES.