Stop thinking about it, it'll only bring up sore feelings. Instead, LINKS!
- The Blues beat the Flames last night 3-2. To find out how, check out your recap from Ashley, aka, ExtensivelyShamefulFembot. [SLGT]
- For the Albertan view, here's the Flames recap: [Calgary Herald]
- Yesterday, instead of JR's weekly Blues chat, the P-D handed the mic over to Brett Hull to answer some fan questions. Nothing exactly earth-shattering, but it's still Hullie, so still worth a peak. [STLToday]
- Speaking of organ-i-zationally filtered fan interviews, now's your chance to ask Jarolsav Halak any questions, using the hashtag #AskHalak. Here's some more information, though that's really about it. [Blues]
- Local television ratings for the Blues on FSMW for October were the highest they've ever been
because everyone watched the game from home instead of buying extremely cheap tickets to see them live! [Blues]
- DAVID BACKES BEING AWESOME ALERT: the Captain recently donated $24,000 worth of hockey equipment to children in Minnesota for their annual Try Hockey for Free event. Good goddamn, he's awesome! [Frozen Notes]
- There were many other games last night - highlights included the Stars offing Fuck Detroit in overtime and Vancouver and San Jose combining for five first period goals en route to a 4-2 Canucks victory. [NHL.com]
- Only four games tonight, oddly enough, and frankly they all suck. Although the Preds & the Jets face-off in a Central showdown, while the first place Avs host the Flames, so those are worth keeping track of for divisional purposes. [NHL.com]
- How bad are the Flyers? Not only did they get shutout by
George VezinaMartin Brodeur, they allowed a goal to our old keg stand buddy Cam Janssen, who now has 4 career goals (which seems high to me, but whatever). Really, the most ridiculous thing about how terrible Philly is is that Buffalo is somehow still worse. [SBNation NHL]
- Remember how the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would leap into the air to high five each other at the end of their movies? Well I think Jesse Winchester of the Florida Panthers was trying to do just that last night against the Bruins, only instead of high fiving Chris Kelly, he elbowed him in the face. [Puck Daddy]
- According to the
mostly bullshitFan Cost Index, the Blues are a cheaper game-day experience than the average NHL team - SO GET YOUR FAT ASSES TO SCOTTRADE! Here's how they stack up with the rest of the league: [Puck Daddy]
- Via Angela: the USA Paralypmic Sled Hockey team has been training in St. Louis. On Saturday afternoon, they'll be holding an open practice at the Lindenwood Ice Arena, followed by an all ages free Learn to Skate event. There'll also be something having to do with the biathlon, in case you're a cross-country skier/gun enthusiast. Follow here for more information: [STLToday]
- According to his new book, Usain Bolt ate 1,000 Chicken McNuggets during the Beijing Olympics. That makes me feel WAAAY better about my diet. [NY Post]
- Speaking of ridiculous eating habits, Zach Garrison of the Riverfront Times recently went on a Man vs Food-style quest throughout St. Louis to conquer the 6 Biggest Food Challenges the Gateway City has to offer, including stops at such St. Louis landmarks as Mama Campisi's and the Crown Candy Kitchen. The results were...expected. Sticktap to CrossCheckRaise. [Riverfront Times]
Any reasonably sane personMany people believe that the NFL team in Washington DC should change their official name. Apparently though, it's okay for them to call themselves that name, but other people aren't allowed to use it. They recently threatened legal action towards a fan-run blog to change their name because of it - and this isn't the first time they've done so. [Washington Post]
- Young people today are dumber, lazier, and more selfish than any generation before them. Unless of course, you look at actual facts and statistics, in which case the literal opposite is true. [Huff Post]
- Start your countdown clocks now: the new J.J. Abrams-led Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to open December 18th, 2015. Breaking with the traditional May release, although the original was originally slated as a December release, but...I'll shut up now. [Star Wars]
The Taylors are excited to announce that no one in Lamaze class got swagga like them. Also, they're expecting their first child.
My favorite part of that is that apparently they're from Salt Lake City, making the Taylor couple the first two inductees into the prestigious Utah Hip Hop Hall of Fame.
This next young woman is my hero.
A lot of weekend brownie points were dolled out today - who will get them next? Why, it could be YOU! All you have to do is send something awesome my way!
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
It's Friday. Go be awesome.