It's a revival of the old Norris Division tonight. Except one of the teams is good, the other . . . well, meh.
- Beyond Checkerdome, Episode 21. The podcast is old enough to drink, and true to form, I was wasted. This episode was a microcosm of the Blues' week last week . . . full of technical difficulties. [SLGT]
- Part 3 of CanesAndBluesFan's analysis of Corsi error went live late last night. [SLGT]
- I missed this for a couple days . . . but Milo, an old Game Time pal, wants us to remember the hilarity of our first SB Nation Christmas here. Soup tureen! Soup soup tureen! [SLGT]
- Brian Elliott gets the start tonight, according to coach Ken Hitchcock. That would be his second start in a row. Guess it's time to start the Jaroslav Halak trade rumo(u)r machine! (HINT: Fuck you, he's staying.) That, plus other notes from Lou on the Blues. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS:
- Speaking of our early days of SB Nation . . . we found out early on that we were relatively kindred spirits with the folks at Pension Plan Puppets, SBN's excellent Toronto Maple Leafs blog. Be sure to stop by and say hello to them tonight. Good people. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- And a reminder . . . the Leafs come into tonight's game having played the Kings in Toronto last night, losing 3-1 despite (for once) outshooting their opponent. [Maple Leafs]
- Scores. Thanks, Flyers, you dicks. [NHL.com 12/11/13]
- Eleven games on the docket tonight. Through later analysis, you might be familiar with one of them. [NHL.com 12/12/13]
- The Chicago Blackhawks have entered into a business arrangement with the new incarnation of the Peoria Rivermen. You're dead to me, Rivs. [Peoria Journal-Star]
- Suspensions! First, Senators defenseman Jared Cowen gets two games off for hitting Sabres youngster Zemgus Girgensons in the head. [NHL.com]
- Secondly, Lightning(s) youngster Richard Panik boarded Capitals defenseman Karl Alzner in a very dangerous play, and he'll have to sit out a couple games. [NHL.com]
- Ryan Lambert touches on some hot-button issues with his Power Rankings this week. (#NoShit) [Puck Daddy]
- Islanders GM Garth Snow gave the dreaded "Vote Of Confidence" to coach Jack Capuano. If his team weren't on the road right now, I'd tell Capuano to pack his desk. [New York Post]
- Blues fans bitched about the fact that they didn't sign Stephen Weiss this offseason. Well holy shit, he's having a bad season with the Red Wings, and it's getting worse. He's injured and out. Again. [MLive.com]
- The NHL Fan Association, which rose to its' greatest prominence (and maybe absurdity) during the most recent lockout, is no more. It basically proves that the NHL not only doesn't care about the fans, it doesn't HAVE to care about the fans. [Raw Charge]
- Because apparently the Rangers' season CAN get worse . . . team Captain Ryan Callahan will be out 4-6 weeks due to a Grade 2 MCL sprain. [ESPN New York]
- Do not touch Alexander Ovechkin's measuring stick, you motherfucker. [Puck Daddy]
- My favo(u)rite English Premier League team, Newcastle United, decided to start charging the press to talk to their folks at any point other than match day. A dumb idea, but one based on vindictive motives. [Deadspin]
- Shipments of Sriracha have been halted until January, leaving fears of a possible shortage. This is a big deal, folks. Sriracha kicks ass. [Y! / The Sideshow]
Another two-video set. First, one that I've been holding for a long time because the sender asked me to . . . "Ontario Sucks". (S/T to Childhood Trauma):
Having been to Ontario before, I don't particularly agree, but whatever, fits the theme of the game.
And the second . . . Mental Floss filmed their latest video, facts on beer, at a brewery in Indianapolis. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise):
Barring technical difficulties, that'll be it from me this week. J-Mill has your weekend. Have links? Have videos? Share with the class:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
And be on the lookout for more stuff about tonight's contest later in the day.
LET'S GO BLUES.