Tonight's matchup assures us of a St. Louis Game Time: The Paper front page headline to be some variation of "Blackhawks Suck" or "Fuck Chicago". And it will rule.
- Vladimir Sobotka is apparently going to draw into the Blues lineup tonight, while Alexander Steen and Roman Polak were both officially ruled out of the game. Lou has words and shit. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
- CanesAndBluesFan had a series on Corsi Error. And now, we jump to Fenwick Error, which is relatively similar to Corsi Error. Got it? [SLGT]
- In what can be considered a bit of a teaser for Sunday, a couple from B-Dubs . . . first, draft-eligible Wildwood product Blake Clarke has been traded from his North Bay Battalion to the Saginaw Spirit. [SLGT]
- And the Wolves were led to a 4-0 shutout not just by Jake Allen, but with the force of youngster Sergey Andronov's hat trick! Good on the lad. [SLGT]
- Speaking of Jake Allen . . . his paddle save on T.J. Brodie last season made Puck Daddy's Top Ten Saves of the Year list at number eight. [Puck Daddy]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS:
- Want the Blackhawks' tint on tonight's proceedings? Well, of course you don't. But if you're curious, and you're aware that the Blackhawks have existed since well before 2007 or so, you can mosey on over and meet our friends at Second City Hockey. (Yes, I said "friends". Don't look at me like that, dick.) [Second City Hockey]
- And speaking of the Blackhawks . . . they beat the ever-loving Christ out of the Colorado Avalanche(s) 7-2. #RegressionToTheMean . . . but at least they lost to someone GOOD. [NHL.com]
- Aside from that ass-beating, nine other games happened around the National Hockey League. Results? They happened. Y'know what else happened? John Scott scored a goal . . . sorry . . . JOHN SCOTT SCORED A FUCKING GOAL HOLY SHIT. [NHL.com 12/27/13]
- Big game in St. Louis tonight, but seven other matchups await you as well, if you have GameCenter and stuff. [NHL.com 12/28/13]
- Tentatively, the 2015 Winter Classic is going to the Washington Capitals . . . and hey, wanna know why the same teams get to play in the WC every year? They draw well at home. Maybe do that, Blues fans. Show up to some fucking games and sell the building out. [Sports on Earth]
- Is Sidney Crosby really that tough to play with? Ryan Lambert emphatically says "FUCK NO" in his weekly Trending Topics piece, shooting holes in the "Chris Kunitz for Team Canada" argument in the process. [Puck Daddy]
- Speaking of the Penguins . . . bad news on their front, as Pascal Dupuis will need knee surgery and likely be out for the rest of the season. Tough loss for a team already decimated by injuries but still kicking ass in the Leastern Conference. [Penguins]
- Awful Announcing hates the NHL Network. And they're right. [Awful Announcing]
- Check out this insane USHL goal. Aidan Muir is some kind of fucking wizard. [SB Nation]
- The Puck Daddy staff picks their Team USA rosters. The three usual suspects for the Blues . . . David Backes, Kevin Shattenkirk and T.J. Oshie . . . all show up on each person's roster. [Puck Daddy]
- There were dancing Oompa Loompas at last night's Texas Bowl. Fucking. Creepy. [SB Nation]
- Porto and Benfica are rival soccer teams in Portugal. This young girl is a Benfica fan. Her folks decide to give a Porto shirt as a gag . . . before giving her a real gift, a Benfica shirt, after she throws a fit. (S/T to J-Mill) [Y! Sports]
- Chronicling the most violent game in NFL history, played between the Raiders and Bears in 1984 at Soldier Field. [Deadspin]
A look at the filming locations of the original Blues Brothers movie. It's quite fun, and definitely worth your 15 minutes. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise):
I NEED YOU . . . YOU . . . YOU . . . .
So hey, send me some links and videos and stuff, eh?
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Find all your pregame stuff here starting in about an hour. Oh, and once again . . . FUCK CHICAGO.
LET'S GO BLUES.