The title is in reference to how balls ass cold it is here in beautiful Western Montana right now. More on that later.
But for now . . . click some shit!
- Beyond Checkerdome, Episode 20 went to air yesterday. We talked about last week's games, the spat between Ken Hitchcock and Patrick Roy, concussions and the new NHL television deal in Canada. [SLGT]
- Hildy makes the case that the Blues have plenty of scorers, but no snipers, and that a sniper is what the Blues need, not a scorer. [SLGT]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE NEW YORK ISLANDERS:
- The Islanders pay the Blues a visit tonight. I know one guy who should be in attendance . . . Dominik, friend of Game Time and the fearless leader of the wonderful Lighthouse Hockey blog. Go check them out today. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- Also a reminder . . . it's been a rough go of it lately for the Isles. Kinda shocked Jack Capuano hasn't lost his job yet, actually. [Islanders Point Blank]
- Scores from last night. Only three games. That one in Detroit is . . . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. More on that in a bit. [NHL.com]
- Ten games tonight. I hear one of them is in St. Louis. [NHL.com]
- Jimmy Howard was pretty pedestrian in that third period last night, it appears. I mean, when you allow three goals in about ten minutes to the Flyers . . . I mean, shit man. You're average. [NHL.com]
- Antoine Roussel got into a spirited fight with Andrew Shaw earlier in the Stars 4-3 win over the Blackhawks on Tuesday, in Chicago. And then he got what ended up being the game-winner on a penalty shot. And then he taunted the Chicago crowd. Excellent work, Antoine. [Puck Daddy]
- Henrik Lundqvist is getting paid a lot of money for a long time by the Rangers because, well, the Rangers can do that. [New York Daily News]
- Meanwhile, last year's Vezina winner, Sergei Bobrovsky, will miss 4 to 5 weeks with a groin strain. Replacing him on the roster? St. Louisan Mike McKenna! [Blue Jackets Extra]
- 2013's Top 10 hockey bloopers, according to Puck Daddy. That Adam Pardy helmet incident should've been number one because fuck that set of fans. [Puck Daddy]
- To open his Insider Trading piece from yesterday, Darren Dreger says that Steven Stamkos is eyeing a February 6th return to play, which is insane. It's also right before the Olympics! How 'bout that?! [TSN]
- Take a puck to the mouth and get . . . this. [Puck Daddy]
- Here's what I saw on my dashboard when I got into my car after stopping into work last night . . . yep . . . MINUS NINE. [Twitter / @KingDonutI]
- In St. Louis . . . Six Row Brewing is celebrating their 4th birthday by giving the people what they want . . . plenty of beer. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Six Row Beer Buzz]
- Meanwhile, another one from my neck of the woods . . . in nearby Hamilton, a mountain sheep crashed a family's Thanksgiving. [Missoulian]
12 Days of Sochi . . . featuring . . . David Backes. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise and hildymac for making me aware of this):
I wonder if they want Bob Costas to interview them?
J-Mill has your weekend . . . granted that his internet works. You should send him stuff:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
And look for more fun stuff from people smarter than me about hockey . . . later on. Of course, also a GDT.
LET'S GO BLUES.