The headline pretty much tells the whole story. But it doesn't. But yet, it does. But . . . oh, fuck it.
- I could #NoShit this whole piece, but I'll link to it anyway. Bernie Miklasz gives us ten reasons why the deal that sent David Perron to the Oilers makes sense for the Blues. [StL Today]
- 21 players filed for arbitration. Among them, of course . . . Chris Stewart, though reportedly the Blues are still talking contract with him and his people. [NHLPA]
- Ilya Kovalchuk has retired from the NHL, leaving a shitload of money on the table and partially screwing the Devils in the process. And if Devils fans want me to feel sorry for them, thanks to Judge Houston's ruling in 1991, I'll kindly tell them to get fucked with a rusty hammer. [Puck Daddy]
- What is this all about? Reportedly Kovalchuk will be making upwards of $20MM per season in the KHL. That's what. [Puck Daddy]
- The AHL announced their realignment and officially splayed out all their team affiliation changes. [The AHL]
- The Avalanche are gonna suck horseshit next year, but at least if you're in Denver to see them, their shittiness will be in super high def on the video board. [Avalanche]
- Coyotes first round pick Max Domi (Yes, that's Tie's son) has Type 1 Diabetes. Which . . . sucks, but he's able to deal with it. [AZ Central]
- I'll be rooting for Dominic Moore this season. A few months after his wife passed battling cancer, Moore will be playing for the New York Rangers organization. [Puck Daddy]
- An interesting long-read, "republished" from 2001, on Rae Carruth. What he did was about thirty thousand times worse than anything Mike Danton did, that's for Goddamn sure. [Deadspin]
- Singing may be just as good for you as yoga. [Y! / The Sideshow]
- Don't go to Death Valley and fry eggs on the ground. #NoShit. [Y! / AP]
Kate sends this Daft Punk song spliced with Sesame Street. Fuck yeah, dude.