I hate having to hate people I liked.
- David Perron opens up to JR in his "exit interview" from the Blues, and the sense is he feels he was misunderstood (first passed along by luvhockey). [StL Today]
- In his first Game Time piece, Jeff calls bullshit on the misunderstanding of David Perron. [SLGT]
- Keep an eye out for Podcast #2 at about 1pm CDT. Poll will be available Friday to name the thing.
- CrossCheckRaise passes along this Grantland piece from Down Goes Brown. Fake your way through fancy stats! [Grantland]
- The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim will return, at least once, in 2013-14. [Puck Daddy]
- The Jets have avoided arbitration with center Bryan Little and paid him quite handsomely. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Also signing an extension was Maple Leafs defenseman Carl Gunnarsson. Jeffler has more. [The Leafs Nation]
- Steve Yzerman of Team Canada apparently isn't going to send an All-Star Team to Sochi. Translation: Steve Yzerman is totally going to send an All-Star Team to Sochi. And lose. #Merica [Puck Daddy]
- USA Hockey named a bunch of young kids to the preliminary roster. This apparently was by design, though not a damn one of them has a great chance to make the team. [Puck Daddy]
- Kate passes along the story of a man who drank eight beers and swam to Detroit, and is now apologizing for it. NEVER SWIM TO DETROIT. [Gawker]
- Happiness apparently peaks at ages 23 and 69. Well. I'm fucked. [Y! / The Sideshow]
One sent by Kate, who doesn't even like Anchorman that much but still laughs at this. As do I, because it's . . . well, kind of a big deal.
Go fuck yourself, San Diego.