His Royal Highness of Eclair will grace us once more with his presence tomorrow...in the mean time, you're stuck with me for one more day. #DealWithIt
BTW, you guys must really hate Skyler White.
- Not exactly Blues news, but all Game Time posts are created equal
but some are more equal than others.Ricthey brings us the local connections that the St. Charles Chill are assembling for their cherry-popping season. [SLGT]
- BREAKING NEWS: Alex Pietrangelo has signed...on to Netflix to watch Orange Is the New Black.
- But seriously, JR is having a live chat at 1pm CDT. So you can ask him yourself just exactly how little there is to report on right now. [STLToday]
- Gary Bettman doesn't get why so many people are fixating on the "out clause" in the Coyote's deal with Glendale. In a related story, Gary Bettman is only on season 2 of Game of Thrones, and he doesn't get why everyone keeps telling Rob Stark that marrying his girlfriend is such a risky move. There's no WAY that will end poorly! [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Speaking of the Yotes, Phoneix will likely get to play host to an All-Star Game in the near future. Assuming it isn't wiped out by a surprise lockout. They're unpredictable, you know. [AZCentral]
- The ownership group that runs the Philadelphia 76ers is allegedly interested in buying the Devils. I really want to make an Allen Iverson joke here - since that's the only thing I know about the 76ers - but nothings coming to me. Just beware the dreaded automatic-playing ad. [CSN]
- Dougie Gilmour is currently GMing an OHL team in Kingston, which includes his oldest son Jake Gilmour on their roster. Or they did, until Killer sent his kid packing to Niagra. No word on how the babysitter fit into the equation. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- My fellow theatre and/or Shakespeare nerds out there might be interested to hear that an upcoming film version of The Scottish Play (I don't even risk saying it online) is set to star Michael Fassbender and Natalie Portman. As Mr. & Mrs. MacB. Awesome. [HuffPo]
- I hate to phone it in on my last day, but I'm tired and I got nothing. Here's a link to Sporcle. Go play some trivia games & quizzes. [Sporcle]
I completely forgot to post this earlier, but last week our good friend Charles Glenn was on...some bullshit network singing competition. I've never heard of it. But Charles Glenn is awesome. Charles Glenn will never not get a link.
What's that? You want more? Well, Mr. Glenn usually doesn't do encores, but if you insist...
Like I said, Tyler will be back tomorrow, so send shit to him. Don't send it to me. If you send it to me, I'll just send it to him.
That said, I hope you enjoyed this week as much as I have! I successfully integrated (sort of) my geeky references to Doctor Who, Batman, Breaking Bad, Shakespeare, Game of Thrones, & Monty Python. If I could've worked Arrested Development and Stephen Sondheim in here too, you'd practically know me by now.