If you like country music that doesn't suck out loud like most of the shit on modern country radio, go see Old Crow Medicine Show if they're around. The frontman has more energy than a fucking superball.
Oh also . . . IT'S FUCKING OCTOBER SO KNOCK IT OFF WITH THAT FUCKING HASHTAG PLEASE. THANK YOU.
And now, clickables!
- The Blues played against the Hurricanes in a hockey contest yesterday. It didn't count for shit, but unlike the prior four games that didn't count for shit, the Blues actually won it! 3-1 was the final. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
- Richard (rminton618) gives his thoughts on line projections . . . and while some of them may be a bit off, they're food for thought and something Ken Hitchcock could probably do sometime this season because FUCK LINE CONTINUITY, MAN. [SLGT]
- So if the Cardinals get swept by the Dodgers and the Blues come sputtering out of the gate this year, we get to blame Sports Illustrated thanks to the COVER JINX. (Actually, this cover of T.J. Oshie and Adam Wainwright is one of three regional covers and the Dodgers/Kings are featured in one, so fuck that noise.) [Twitter / @SINow]
- Games? There were seven. None counted. [NHL.com 09/30/14]
- Games? There will be five. None will count. [NHL.com 10/01/14]
- Hockey Night in Canada was previously run by CBC. Now, Rogers owns the rights, and one decision they've made is to cut back on the awesome montages Tim Thompson puts together for them. To reminisce, here's a Top 10 of what he's produced before. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Eyes on the Prize]
- This GIF pretty much illustrates what it means to be a lower-tier Conference III fan. Go Predators! (S/T to Drew Settles) [i.chzbgr.com]
- EPIX took over 24/7 and plans some overhaul and expansion of the coverage of the program. Good news, if it works. [Puck Daddy]
- We've seen hockey teams as soccer shirts before. But now, someone went and made full kits for all 30 teams. [Icethetics]
- Can helmet cameras improve NHL referee performance? Well, something has to at some point, so why not try, I say. [Puck Daddy]
- Jack Eichel will be the second pick of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft behind Connor McDavid, and Jack may very well be the next face of American hockey. You should probably get to know a bit about him. [SB Nation / Longform]
- Hockey-themed corn mazes. Yep, they're back. [Puck Daddy]
- Cody Eakin signed a two-year RFA deal with the Stars, pretty much assuring he'll be eligible for opening night roster selection for that loaded squad. [Defending Big D]
- I'm not a Royals fan. But my wife is. And I wanted the Cespedes/Lester trade to fall flat on the Athletics' fucking faces. So hey, good for the Royals. No, really. [SB Nation]
- Michael Phelps got his second DUI in ten years . . . and he really earned this one, going 84 in a 45. Holy shit, man. Call a fucking cab. [Deadspin]
Sci-Fi Week continues with a Galaxy Quest clip . . . this one, when they launch for the first time. Might be the best scene in the movie:
"Never Give Up. Never Surrender."
One more day to send links, sci-fi videos and other shit:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And Beyond Checkerdome Episode 54 should be posted sometime later this week. We had a guest! It was fun!
I'll also have a new video theme for next week for you in tomorrow's links . . . so stay tuned for that as well.
And one more thing . . . you'll get your St. Louis Game Time October wallpaper tomorrow . . . so definitely stay tuned for that!