So it looks like I'm going to be your regular Monday linker from now on. Sweet action!
- The Blues action last night was not so sweet, losing 3-0 to the Ducks. I didn't just cap it, I recaped it! [SLGT]
- Here's the perspective of last night from Disneyland's point of view. [Anaheim Calling]
- It's a little past prime now, but our Beyond Checkerdome compadres Tim & Tyler were guests on the BOGcast ("Black-Orange-Gold" podcast) to preview the Ducks-Blues game. They did a good job - and we actually play Anaheim again in 10 days, so give it a listen anyway. Their segment begins at the 38:20 mark. [Anaheim Calling]
- As you've likely heard, Paul Stastny is considered "week-to-week" at this point. [STLToday]
- If you have the chance, you can meet at Scottrade today at 12 noon to purchase tickets for Thursday's game against the Canucks for only $20, in honor of Scottrade's 20th anniversary. You can also go online and use said deal with the code "STEEN20." This special only lasts from noon central today to 8am central tomorrow morning (aka, 20 hours). For more info: [Blues]
- And don't forget - yesterday was Prospect Sunday! [SLGT; SLGT; SLGT]
- There were 3 other games last night... [NHL.com 10/19]
- ...only one game tonight, but if you're a fan of Canadian stars who play in markets where they're under appreciated getting a chance to embarrass a bad Canadian team in front an angry crowd of Canadians just dying to...[exhales]...Steven Stamkos and the Lightning visit the Oilers at 8:30 central. There, now was that so hard, J-Mill? [NHL.com 10/20]
- The Rangers made easy work of the Sharks 4-0, including scoring two goals within four seconds of each other by Martin St. Louis and Rick Nash. Nash currently leads the league with 7 goals thus far. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Young Flames defenseman T.J. Brodie is expected to sign a 5-year extension today. [Puck Daddy]
- Meanwhile, Calgary beat the Jets 4-1, one of which came from Brodie himself. Last year's Hobey Baker winning Johnny Gaudreau scored the first goal of his career to boot. [Matchsticks & Gasoline]
- Finally, Jonathan Quick continued his fine play against a heavy set of shots against, making another 40 saves as the Kings beat the Minnesota Wild 2-1, again in a game where they were very much outplayed in. [Jewels from the Crown]
- Jonathan Drouin was recalled by Tampa Bay, and was immediately handed the 2014-15 Calder Trophy because of it. [Raw Charge]
- CanesAndBluesFan, one of our resident advanced statisticians, passes along this new list of advanced metrics to apply to hockey...beer league hockey. Figures such as "points per ache," "beverages consumed while dressing," and "excuses per game." A well earned sticktap. [The Hockey Movement]
- As we all know at this point, the 2016 All-Star Game will be in Nashville (a perfect opportunity for a Game Time road trip, I'm just saying...). That Smashville has reached that point is a credit to everyone who took a risk and then refused to give up on Nashville as an NHL market. Now Honky-Tonk Hockey is a "thing." [Rink Side Report]
- The Rams didn't just beat the Seattle Seahawks yesterday, they did it while Jeff Fisher had to push a wheelbarrow the entire time, just so he could carry around his gigantic balls! 2 fake special teams plays resulting in 2 of the biggest Rams plays in the past decade, including going for a fake punt deep in their own zone nursing a 2 point lead with less than 3 minutes left. We're talking big, big balls! [Shutdown Corner]
- Also, Peyton Manning became the NFL's all-time leader in passing touchdowns last night with 509. Congratulations to him, to Tyler and the rest of our Broncos contingent here at Game Time...and hell for that matter, congrats to any Colts fans too. [ESPN.com]
- White people riot over the stupidest things. Like pumpkins. [Raw Story]
- Paris is a beautiful city, filled with beautiful art. And a giant inflatable butt plug. [Gawker]
- Fun fact: on this day (October 20th) in 1803, the senate ratified the Louisiana Purchase. So basically, today is the 213th anniversary of us all officially becoming American! WOOOOO USA! USA! USA! [History.com]
DK's official theme of the week I believe was "Stupid Human Tricks." I was actually looking for something to fit that theme, when I all of a sudden came across this Awesome Animal Trick: a dog balancing on a rope!
How cool is that? The answer is very. Very cool.
Send your shit to Tyler.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Happy Monday, bitches!