Do you guys know any good Cesar Romero Joker quotes? I'm severely lacking in my knowledge of Adam West Batman.
- I was late bringing the recap to you, but you already knew: the Blues beat the Blackhawks on Saturday night 3-2. Awesome. [SLGT]
- It was a minor, October-sized step, but nonetheless, the Blues are going the right way after Saturday night. [STLToday]
- Doug Armstrong was excited on Saturday night...just, you know...on the inside. [Frozen Notes]
- Some Chicago fans are calling out T.J. Oshie for "going low" on Dan Carcillo (who, BTW, will reportedly miss about four weeks). But those people are shitheads, because Osh brought back the glorious lost art of the hip check! See it again in all its splendor! [Frozen Notes]
- 5 games took place on Sunday... [NHL.com 10/26]
- Only two games tonight - Minnesota Wild and the New York Rangers looks to be a decent choice, as opposed to the Canadiens and the Oilers. [NHL.com 10/27]
- The Sharks and Ducks played last night and...well, the big story of the game centers around John Scott. I'll let you do the math. (San Jose eventually won 4-1.) [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Californian results rounded out with the Kings
going downtaking down the BJ. However, Anze Kopitar suffered an injury to his body - specifically, the "upper" section of it - and had to leave the ice. [Jewels from the Crown]
- In helping TFUN beat the Senators 2-1, Patrick Kane recorded his 500th career point. He celebrated by getting completely wasted off of 2 1/2 Smirnoff Ices...allegedly. (I just alleged that. Just now.) [Second City Hockey]
- When a team is in the playoffs challenging for a championship, fans will record parody songs to cheer them on. But what of the fans of the Buffalo Sabres? Well, they write songs like "All About Last Place." #GonerForConnor [Puck Daddy]
- Rick, aka, uiwwildthing2, passed along this horrific scene from our old friends in Peoria, where a minor league player took a skate blade to the face...this one is not for the faint of heart. Sounds like everything is okay now, but holy shit...I'm actually surprised something like that doesn't happen more often. Thank heavens for that, though. [Deadspin]
- Cardinals outfielder prospect Oscar Taveras passed away yesterday afternoon in a car accident in the Dominican Republic. He was 22. [STLToday]
- The recently released trailer for The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron was wickedly good already. But you know the old saying: "Anything that's good is better set to 'My Heart Will Go On,' the theme from Titanic." ...okay, maybe that's not too common a saying, but it does weirdly sync up suspiciously well. [Dorkly]
- A female reticulated python - the longest species of snake on Earth - recently hatched 6 baby snakes. She had never even met a male python in her life. In other words: Merry First Python Christmas! [I Fucking Love Science]
A fun fact from the KMOX post-game show on Saturday night (that I mentioned in the game recap): newcomer Joakim Lindstrom is referred to by his teammates as "Joker." Well that's more than enough excuse to celebrate the best performance of The Joker ever!
Sorry, Jack & Heath - I'm talking about Mark Hamill in The Animated Series. (Actually, I prefer the incarnation in the Arkham games, but I couldn't find the right collection of scenes to post that didn't add up to a half hour. Ain't nobody got time for dat.)
The Baron of Bear Claws returns tomorrow. Set him up with some links why don't you?
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com