I passed out after the game at some point, probably out of sheer happiness. So yeah, that's why the links are a bit late. My bad.
- Reports have surfaced that Vladimir Tarasenko had a pretty good game yesterday. Working to confirm . . . oh wait, here you go. The Blues beat the Stars 4-3 on the power of Tarasenko's hat trick. The other goal was by Jori Lehtera, and he, Tarasenko and Alexander Steen were by far the line of the night. [SLGT]
- The performance was good enough to vault Tarasenko to the #1 Star according to Puck Daddy. This, in a slate of 12 games yesterday. Not too shabby, Vlad. [Puck Daddy]
- The bad news, though? David Backes fell pretty hard on his left shoulder and bounced his head off the ice after a hit away from the play by Trevor Daley late in the first period. When it happened, I thought interference should have been called, but it wasn't. No updates on Backes' condition have been offered by the team as of yet. [SLGT]
- Before last night's game, I did a Q-&-A with David Wilson of Defending Big D. Then I had a little fun with their commenters. [Defending Big D]
- Also, here's DBD's recap of the game we saw last night. It wasn't as happy as J-Mill's recap, obviously. [Defending Big D]
- The randomness of shooting as it relates to the Blues and their slow shooting start, analyzed by CanesAndBluesFan. [SLGT]
- As noted earlier, there were 12 games last night, and all ended with final scores. See? The Blackhawks have trouble with the Ducks too. [NHL.com 10/28/14]
- Today's games. Two of them. Wednesday Night Rivalry, Red Wings and Capitals . . . uhhhhh, what? [NHL.com 10/29/14]
- Perhaps the greatest hockey player of all time, Gordie Howe, is resting after suffering what has been described as a "serious stroke". All the best, Mr. Hockey. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Jarmo and JD had problems keeping Europeans from staying abroad when they were in St. Louis, and it appears they have the same problem in Columbus, according to our Prospects Department. [SLGT FanPosts]
- Speaking of the Blue Jackets . . . they'll be without Sergei Bobrovsky for a little while. Well that doesn't bode well for them. [Puck Daddy]
- Also out 1-2 weeks for the Jackets is James Wisniewski, as they just keep having a bad run of injuries. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- And Torey Krug is out 2-3 weeks with a broken finger. The Bruins are already missing Zdeno Chara to a knee sprain and lost to the Wild(s) yesterday. Bad times in the B. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- Ryan Lambert looks at early clashes of titans and what's wrong with Northeastern in his weekly NCAA Hockey 101. [Puck Daddy]
- Connor McDavid apparently destroyed a puck off the crossbar. By shooting it into the crossbar. Even if that's NOT how it went down, breaking a puck into this many pieces is quite impressive. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- And now to the fuckery that happened in last night's games . . . first, Eric Gryba of the Senators--best known for destroying Lars Eller in the playoffs that one time--hit Blue Jackets forward Artem Anisimov in the head with what appeared to be his elbow. He was given five and a game for it, and he may get more. [CBC]
- And theeeeeeennnn . . . Canadiens defenseman Jarred Tinordi went knee-on-knee with Flames forward Matt Stajan in THAT game. Ouch. [Puck Daddy]
- Elliotte Friedman says Randy Carlyle isn't to blame for ALL of the Maple Leafs' troubles. That and more in his 30 Thoughts piece which includes some Blues tidbits. [Sportsnet]
- A Broncos fan who went missing at halftime of Thursday's game with the Chargers was found yesterday. He said he had his fill of football and tried to hitchhike home. Yeah, Philip Rivers has that effect on people. [Deadspin]
- Nudity is not a human right, according to a court in London. [Y! / AP]
First . . . holy shit it's Daniel Radcliffe RAPPING. (S/T to Ashley, AKA "NotFakeAwfulEricBrewer"):
Wow. And he did pretty Goddamn good, too.
And if you're a science person, you may have heard about the Antares/Cygnus mishap. Here's the full video (S/T to Kate):
So no, the Cygnus did NOT make it to the International Space Station. Eeek.
Promise to have the links on time tomorrow! Just send 'em to me, please:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And be on the lookout for Episode 58 of Beyond Checkerdome tomorrow as well!