My links partner-in-crime doesn't want to take the trouble to spell Paul Bissonnette's name. I just did it without thinking about it.
VOTE FOR DONUT KING IN 2014.
- It's Sunday, and that means Brian has all the information you need about Blues prospects, including him nailing some of the most recent cutdowns. [SLGT; SLGT; SLGT]
- The aforementioned Paul "Biz Nasty" Bissonnette was released from his player tryout offer on Saturday. He took the time to thank the organization. Good luck, Biz. [SLGT FanShots]
- If it hasn't already, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Blues season preview will give you nightmares. [SLGT FanShots]
- Ken Hitchcock used to be offended by the concept of "Fancy Stats". Now? He finds them useful, as do others in the organization . . . like his boss, General Manager Doug Armstrong. (S/T to hildymac, OUR boss) [The Score]
- And as you were probably aware . . . Cody Beach, Colin Fraser and Peter Mueller were sent down to the Wolves yesterday, leaving the roster at 27. The roster has to be at 23 players by Tuesday at 4pm. I do not envy Hitch right now . . . some tough decisions coming. [StL Today / Morning Skate]
- The last preseason game of the . . . uhhh, preseason . . . was played yesterday. Now we can start wanking off to REAL games!!! [NHL.com 10/05/14]
- In that game, Jeff Skinner was hit in the head. The Hurricanes are already probably gonna suck, so losing one of their top scorers is not going to help them. [Puck Daddy]
- TSN insider Bob McKenzie has a book coming out in a week, called Hockey Confidential. In it, he tells a great story about how the Corsi stat REALLY got its' name, and he was fortunate enough to share this story with the world before the release. And it is absolutely fascinating. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [TSN]
- It appears Leon Draisaitl and Darnell Nurse will at least start the season with the Oilers, which may not be a bad thing for all involved. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- The Canadiens received Eric Tangradi in a trade with the Jets in which they sent back their backup from last season, Peter Budaj, and something called Patrick Holland. That means Dustin Tokarski, who did pretty well for the Habs in the Eastern Conference Finals last season, will be Carey Price's backup on Montreal Island. [The Globe & Mail]
- Y'know, I'm not gonna quit saying "Good for the Royals" until they are about to play the Cardinals, more than likely. Here are some GIF's and Vines from their sweep of the Angels last night. [SB Nation / Lookit]
- "HOW DID I FORGET THIS?!?!" . . . asked J-Mill. I dunno, how the fuck DID you forget this, bud? NEW HOMESTAR RUNNER MATERIAL HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!!!!!1!!!1!!!!! (S/T to CanesAndBluesFan) [H*R]
I asked for some obscure alt-country acts, and you folks delivered. Hopefully none of these fuckers start writing songs like the other dipshits you hear on modern country radio.
First, a gentleman named Drew Landry has something called "Sunny Days" for you. He is from New Orleans, and he is good. (My wife found the video, but credit goes to notyoucoach for pointing us in this direction):
Then, at the Old Crow Medicine Show concert on Tuesday, they had an opening act from New Orleans named "The Deslondes". And they were very good. And they totally played this song, and it was great:
And they played THAT version of it . . . IN A FUCKING VAN. Yes.
Links? More alt-country videos? Other shit? I have an outlet:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com