I'll be honest, I don't have a ton of time just now...so let's hit it:
- It's hockey season in St. Louis, so there must be a sports writer's love letter to the Blues 4th line. [STLToday]
- David Backes might play tonight, no one's sure just yet. As of yesterday, T.J. Oshie and Paul Stastny won't. [STLToday]
- Robb wants to know what those last 2-3 thousand fans who don't always show up need to...always show up. It's a complex question individually, but on the macro it's a simple catch-22: they'll show up when the Blues prove to be a legitimate playoff threat, and unfortunately not a minute earlier. [SLGT]
- Ken Hitchcock made a joke and no one got it. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Canadians just aren't funny. [SLGT]
FUCK THOSE GUYS - THE COLORADO AVALANCHE:
- How are the Avalanche dealing with life without Paul Stastny? Probably differently than the Blues are dealing with life without Paul Stastny. [Mile High Hockey]
- Before beating the Isle 5-0 on Thursday, the Avs have started pretty poorly (because their roster is pretty poor duh). Patrick Roy attempted to explain the Xs & Os of what was going on. It goes exactly how you think. [Denver Post]
- Last night's games were spoooooooky... [NHL.com 10/31]
- We get 12 games tonight. Our game is one of the biggest matchups, but Stars-Wild would definetly be worth flipping to during commericals, and Islanders-Sharks should make for a pretty entertaining late game on NBCSN. [NHL.com 11/1]
- The Red Wings fans paid tribute to Gordie last night. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Then they beat the Kings 5-2. [Winging It In Motown]
- On Halloween, Corey Perry decided to dress as the scariest thing imaginable: himself. He scored his 10th of the year and set up the overtime winner to give the Ducks a 2-1 win in Dallas. Truly frightening stuff. [Anaheim Calling]
- Alex Burrows has been suspended three games. I'll be honest, I haven't seen the hit in question yet, but if it's involving Alex Burrows then 3 games is probably right. [NHL Department of Play Safety]
- Johnny Gaudreau is awesome, and the Flames beat the Predators 4-3. [Matchsticks & Gasoline]
- The Flyers pulled the fake snake gag - classic! [Puck Drunk Love]
- I'm a little pressed for time...but you know what? It's a big internet you guys - have at it! Google the first word that comes to mind, say you're feeling lucky, and pretend that I told you to go there! [Google]
Be honest...you've always wanted to know. Science Saturday answers the one burning question you've never been able to figure out!
Send me links. I demand it.
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
Hey, there's a game tonight! Go to it! And/or buy a copy of St. Louis Game Time! Either way, check back for our previews & shit!