Well that was quite fun. Even if it was a bit TOO exciting for some folks' blood.
- It was a #ConferenceIII special last night. Vladimir Tarasenko got a Gordie Howe Hat Trick, T.J. Oshie scored a goal in his return to action, Carl Gunnarsson got his first goal as a Blue (after a review) and Paul Stastny got the game-winner as the Blues took over atop the Central Division standings with a 4-3 win over Pekka Rinne and the Predators. We didn't get a recap up overnight (sorry), so look at Lou's. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
- Speaking of Nashville . . . Dan Bradley, Jason Zito and Jonathan Garcia of On the Forecheck traveled to the game last Saturday and chronicled their experiences. Admittedly, this was a lot better than I've seen from any Predators fan previously about an experience at the DrinkScotch / St. Louis. And yes, Schlafly and Pappy's are both awesome. (S/T to J-Mill) [On the Forecheck]
- Tarasenko is all the rage these days. Nick Cotsonika of Yahoo did a nice little piece on him. (S/T to brianlight89) [Y! Sports]
- Blackhawks fans on Reddit (and, admittedly, I avoid Reddit like The Plague, if I can, so whatever) are doing their impersonation of what they do at Blues home games . . . no Blues fans will pay the prices (because they're in the "Show Me [Lower Ticket Prices] State"), so Blackhawks fans DO pay the prices, and fuck everything up for everyone involved. We only have ourselves to blame for this, honestly, and you would know this already had you read Page 18 of last night's SLGT paper. (S/T to adroq, even if I would've found this one anyway) [Puck Daddy]
- ATTENTION: Need something to do next Tuesday night? Well, watch hockey with several of the best friends you never knew you had! It's a Game Time Get-Together! And it's going down at Cousin Hugo's in Maplewood. Blues! Bruins! Beer! Food! What can go wrong? [SLGT FanPosts]
- Oh, and we put Episode 60 of Beyond Checkerdome up yesterday. JEFF TYNI, Y'ALL. [SLGT]
- Nine games yesterday. You may have read about one of them. [NHL.com 11/13/14]
- Six games tonight. Fuck Chicago. Fuck Detroit. #TeamMeteor [NHL.com 11/14/14]
- Speaking of fucking things . . . #FuckCancer. Senators GM Bryan Murray has Stage 4 colon cancer and is basically fighting for what little of his life he has left, and cites having not gone in for a colonoscopy as a root cause. Damn. [SB Nation]
- Considering attendance issues (82% capacity, even for a weeknight in November = embarrassing, BTW), #HockeyAtBusch is a fucking pipe dream at the moment. But what about #HockeyAtCoors? AKA . . . what about the Avalanche(s) hosting the Blues at Coors Field? Well, that's our best chance of seeing the Blues play outdoors at the moment. So, kids, wish for this to be true. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Penguins young defenseman Olli Maatta had a tumor removed from his neck not too long ago. That tumor WAS found to be cancerous. They caught it early though. He could return pretty soon. If this, combined with the earlier news on Bryan Murray, is not a PSA for early cancer screenings . . . I really don't know what the fuck is. [Puck Daddy]
- Daniel Alfredsson will decide whether or not he's playing this year before December comes around, he says. Well, Danny, maybe you should just stop while you're ahead. Just sayin'. Yeesh. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Commissioner of the NBA, Adam Silver, apparently wants people like me to like him a lot. He recently wrote a New York Times editorial in favor of the legalization of sports betting. We're trending that way anyway, but holy shit, a COMMISSIONER said this. [SB Nation]
- Beast Mode gon' Beast Mode. [SB Nation / Breaking Madden]
Our two-week run of MST3K clips HAD to come to an end at some point, I suppose. But great news for fans of public television (maybe) . . . could MST3K be coming to PBS soon? (S/T to Kate) . . . well, we know what the pledge drives will look like:
There ya go, Pearl.
And I teased this yesterday . . . but our final MST3K video of the run will be the best of Manos: The Hands of Fate. What an epic disaster of a film this was, and for my money this is the greatest MST3K episode of all time . . . and yes, that's 15 FULL MINUTES of riffs coming your way:
IMPORTANT TO NOTE (well, maybe not THAT important, but whatever): the dude that played Torgo? Committed suicide after the film was finished shooting, but not too long before the movie was released. Holy shit, man.
Alright, so I'm handing the keys over to J-Mill for the weekend. I'll be back Tuesday (even though I'll be in Salt Lake City or, if I get too blitzed at Wasatch Brewing, nearby Park City), but for now, I will be going into next week WITHOUT a video theme *GASP* . . . though I may make one up as next week goes along.
Anyway, show J-Mill the love you all show me . . . with links, videos and whatnot:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
And I'll see you all on down the trail.