Well. At least the Blues aren't a certain team from southern Ontario. Which we'll get into later. A bit.
By the way, I just got back from Salt Lake City tonight. And lemme tell ya, if you think it's full of Mormons and jerks . . . well, it could be, but I didn't see them. I totally want to move there.
- Tuukka Rask did a good job. Ian Cole did not, and neither did the Blues in getting pucks BEHIND Rask. The Blues won the shots on goal count 32-17 and Brian Elliott played better than someone who gave 2 goals on 17 shots, but the team lost 2-0. [StL Today / Morning Skate]
- Sarah over at Stanley Cup of Chowder was a bit happier about the result. Understandably. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- Before the game, Robb gave us a look at NHL goaltending so far this season. [SLGT]
- Eleven games last night. They all went final. I'd be willing to bet the Maple Leafs were quite pleased THEIR game ended. More on that later. [NHL.com 11/18/14]
- Two games tonight. Both at the same time. Both, for once, actually could justifiably be used for Wednesday Night Rivalry . . . and voila. [NHL.com 11/19/14]
- Puck Daddy readers want to get rid of the word "Celly" the most. I can't blame them. Even if I voted for "Grit". [Puck Daddy]
- After the Leafs got absolutely shit-pasted by the Predators, Leafs defenseman Cody Franson was asked if the team is trying to get their coach fired. His answer? "Fuck no." Well, at least he's direct. [SB Nation]
- No more #DryScrape after this week. D'aww. [USA Today]
- Arizona State is getting a Division I hockey program. The State of Illinois still doesn't have a Division I hockey program. #FireMikeThomas #IAmTotallySerious [Fox Sports Arizona]
- Speaking of NCAA hockey . . . Ryan Lambert talks about Minnesota's poor start, Jack Eichel and Boston U's curious high ranking, Michigan Tech's rise to the top, Casey DeSmith's dismissal from New Hampshire in this week's NCAA Hockey 101 piece. [Puck Daddy]
- Great news: Penguins defenseman Olli Maatta was activated before yesterday's Pens game with the Canadiens, two weeks after having a cancerous tumor removed from his thyroid. Wow. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- On the other side of the coin (and state) . . . remember how the Flyers said Claude Giroux was "fine" Monday night? Well, they lied. He has a lower body injury and could miss a couple games. [USA Today]
- The NHL is still dicking around Dean Lombardi and the Kings regarding Slava Voynov and his situation in regards to the team's salary cap. [Orange County Register]
- We'll talk more about the snowstorm in Buffalo later, but one player who couldn't make it to the Sabres game on Tuesday? Patrick Kaleta . . . yeah, I know you're busting out your violin to play his sorrows, aren't you? [USA Today / For The Win]
- And speaking of Buffalo, more weird shit happened there DURING the game . . . when Michal Neuvirth got injured early on, the Sabres had to suit up an emergency backup. Their choice? Former Sharks netminder (ironically, the Sharks were the opponent that night) and current Sabres goaltending coach Arturs Irbe! [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- How is the Hockey Hall of Fame vote going to shake out next year? A preview. [Puck Daddy]
- Some dude is going to spend a month in a room by himself with virtual reality goggles on his face next year. Good luck with that, bud. (S/T to Kate) [Vice]
- There was a massive snowstorm in the northeast. The women's basketball team of Niagara University (out of Buffalo) got stuck in their bus. Looks like they still may be stuck (at least they were as of the time I wrote this). But they're having a good time with it. [SB Nation / Lookit]
- Speaking of basketball . . . Tennessee State finished a basketball game against Southern Illinois (Carbondale) with only four players on the court. For those of you not aware the general rules of basketball, you generally need five players. [Deadspin]
- Jon Bois is a madman and he must be stopped. LOL JK BREAKING MADDEN FOREVER [SB Nation]
First . . . ever wondered why cheese is generally dyed yellow? No? Well . . . fuck you, you're gonna find out anyway:
See? Glad you're enlightened now? No? Well . . . meh.
Second, if you have issues with Keith Olbermann, put them aside for six fucking minutes and watch this tribute he did the other day in honor of Gordie Howe:
Well done, Keith.
You have links. You have videos. You have other shit. I have ways to post them all . . . but you have to send the shit to me first:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And be on the lookout for Episode 61 of Beyond Checkerdome . . . yes, later today!