I guess my wi-fi connection is just like me: we both have a hard time functioning at 4:30 in the morning.
Nevertheless, pull up a stool and let this old time-y saloon barkeep take your order.
...what's that? A Morning Link? Well we're out of gin, is it okay if I make it with vodka?
- Ryan Reaves - Game-Winning Goal Scorer just sounds wrong, but it feels so right. In either case, the Blues topped the Winnipeg Jets yesterday 4-2. [STLToday]
- How did the Manitobans see things? [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- As you know, Jay Bouwmeester had to miss the game, ending his streak of consecutive games played at 737, which was the longest streak in professional sports as well as the 5th longest in NHL history. [Puck Daddy]
- And since I couldn't get links up yesterday...the Blues beat the Senators on Saturday afternoon 3-2. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- And here's what Ottawa thought of that game. [Silver Seven]
- Did you see Brian Elliott 's broken cup? Because yikes! [SBNation NHL]
- Big news out of Mother Russia early this morning: legendary head coach of the Soviet Union's Red Army team Viktor Tikhonov has passed away at the age of 84. [The Hockey News]
- Who else won games yesterday? I could tell you, or... [NHL.com 11/23]
- Usually the NHL doesn't like to go up against Monday Night Football, but there are 4 games tonight anyway, with the marquee matchup on NBCSports featuring the Penguins and the Bruins. [NHL.com 11/24]
- Our old buddy David Perron led Edmonton in goals last season. Now, the desperate Oilers are shopping Frenchie around as trade bait for "a top center." Tell you what, MacT, we'll swap Perron for Paajarvi again, straight up, sound good? Because that's about as close to a "top center" you're going to get. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- In Newfoundland, a fan in the stands suffered a heart attack in the middle of a game. Luckily the Gadner Flyers goaltender is a paramedic, so he jumped into the crowd and resuscitated him before he was sent to the hospital. (Sticktap CCR) [NL Hockey Talk]
- Fancy stats about grit? Well now I've seen everything! (Part 1) [Puck Daddy]
- You know those really annoying girls who instagram every stupid thing they do because they "literally cannot even?" Well this account literally literally cannot even, because she's a skeleton. Literally. [OMGliterallydead]
- A guy for the New York football Giants made a crazy catch for a touchdown last night, and the Internet went insane. Many called it "the greatest catch in the history of football." Those people are wrong...but it was pretty crazy. It takes mind-boggling skill to pull off something like that while simultaneously shoving a corner back [SBNation]
- This weekend her in St. Louis, the youngest ever American chess grandmaster at 13 years, 10 months, and 27 days old, was crowned. [Fox 2 Now]
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com