- But hey, the Sens beat the Blues in a shootout, 3-2 last night. Brian Elliott left the game with the dreaded Lower Body Injury and we'll get an update on that later today, but whatever, get ready for the Jake Allen Show, motherfuckers. J-Mill wrote a recap, but it didn't get posted before I decided I needed some sleep. So you get Lou instead. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
- Before the game, rumors were swirling that the Blues had dangled Patrik Berglund out there to the Oilers for Jordan Eberle, and that they'd possibly have to add Steve Ott to sweeten the deal. If Army were to pull such a deal off, I would never stop loving him. [SLGT]
- If you blame luck on your team's problems, I will call you out on your bullshit. It is my sworn duty as a quarter-Irishman. [SLGT]
- Scores and shit. Seven of them. One that didn't end well, obviously. [NHL.com 11/25/14]
- Nine games tonight before you munch on some turkey tomorrow. Wednesday Night Designated Eastern Conference Game Thing is Flyers-Red Wings, for some stupid fucking reason. [NHL.com 11/26/14]
- The life and legacy of Puck Daddy] , the legendary Red Army coach who passed over the weekend. [
- "Danny Boy" following a moment of silence might be the most beautiful tribute a fallen Irishman can receive. Well done, Vancouver. [USA Today / For The Win]
- Ironically, this was written mere hours before Jack Eichel and the Boston Terriers lost to Harvard. Which . . . happened. A bit on Hockey East's two-horse race and more in Ryan Lambert's NCAA Hockey 101. [Puck Daddy]
- "Don't worry, Teuvo. The Blues probably wouldn't have called you up yet either." -- Ty Rattie [Chicago Sun-Times]
- Stars forward Ryan Garbutt went knee-on-knee on Oilers de-facto leader Taylor Hall. That is kind of a no-no. [Puck Daddy]
- News that will certainly not help NHL owners at the next CBA negotiation . . . the average value of NHL franchises is at an all-time high, according to Forbes. Take that for what you will. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- No, you're right, Tom. Because the Broncos will reach--and win--the Super Bowl. #Foresight #TrollGaze [SB Nation]
- Whoops. [Y! / AP]
- Dachshunds are the greatest. [Deadspin / Rabbithole]
The week of old beer ads continues . . . tonight, one of my maternal grandfather's old favorites: Falstaff Beer. Here's the first:
Animated beer can? Hm.
And now, the second:
And then that happened.
All your links/beer ads belong to us:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And look out for Beyond Checkerdome Episode 62 tomorrow, more than likely. Stay tuned!