If you have a fire hose, keep the damn thing away from number 91.
Also, we've gone this long without talking about election shit in these here parts . . . might as well make that term a bit longer, eh?
- A little birdie told me Vladimir Tarasenko was pretty good at hockey. Another goal (again, on the power play) and Jake Allen stopped everything in his path (26 of 26, to be exact) for his second consecutive shutout, this time of the 1-0 variety over the Devils. J-Mill, you have words. You may use them. [SLGT]
- Deadspin, which notoriously doesn't do much hockey, even had something to say about Tarasenko. [Deadspin]
- Only one score mattered, but hey, let's laugh at the Predators, the Avalanche(s) and the Bla . . . errr, Canadiens, I suppose. Twelve scores. [NHL.com 11/04/14]
- Three contests tonight. Your Wednesday Night Rivalry is at least an Original Six matchup, but a rivalry in the sense that the two teams happen to be playing each other tonight. Good going. [NHL.com 11/05/14]
- Some young wingers are difficult to gauge through #FancyStats. But Jen LC tries to do so anyway in her weekly Puck Momalytics column. [Puck Daddy]
- Last night, Capitals forward and NHL superstar extraordinaire Alex Ovechkin surpassed Peter Bondra for most points scored by a Capital. Because, y'know, he's good and stuff. [USA Today / For The Win]
- Speaking of the Caps, a prospect of theirs--Caleb Herbert--completed a hat trick in an ECHL game with a shot that ripped THROUGH the netting of the goal. Damn. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Speaking of freak things . . . Preds coach Peter Laviolette got smoked over the eye with an errant puck last night. He appeared fine. I assume x-rays showed nothing. [Puck Daddy]
Ducks goaltender John Gibson will be out six weeks with a groin injury. With Frederik Andersen still day-to-day, Igor Bobkov was called up to back up . . . LOL . . . Jason LaBarbera! Yikes, Anaheim. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Good teams, bad teams, the Ivy League, Jack Eichel and more are discussed in Ryan Lambert's weekly NCAA Hockey 101 column. [Puck Daddy]
Sabres coach Ted Nolan believes his message will get through eventually. I know for damn sure Tim Murray's message has gotten through: "PLEASE SUCK OUT LOUD . . . I WANT CONNOR!!!!" [Buffalo News]
- Stars forward and noted asshole Antoine Roussel doesn't want to blame himself for committing a penalty. So he took it out on a Gatorade holder. In fairness, Dustin Brown drew the penalty. So, I dunno. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
Flames goaltender Karri Ramo pays homage to Edgar Allan Poe, Tim Burton and Vincent with his new mask. Well done, Karri. [Puck Daddy]
- Remember Hugh Jessiman? Well, if you remember the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, you might. He was one of the big busts from a draft with a few of them. He's now playing in Austria. He's younger than me and his NHL career is already fucked. Damn. [New York Times]
- Speaking of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft . . . another first rounder from that draft, Thomas Vanek (who actually IS from Austria) . . . may be the target of extortion, according to reports. Federal authorities are looking into it. [USA Today]
- Nifty plan. Had you not TOLD ANYONE ABOUT IT, DUMBASS. [Y! / Reuters]
- Madison Bumgarner won a truck as World Series MVP. He has no fucking clue where that truck is right now. And why should he care? Dude should be drunk somewhere. [Deadspin]
A couple MST3K videos that match each other harmoniously. First, an episode of Gumby called "Robot Rumpus". It's as bad as you think. (S/T to Kate):
Robots are dicks.
Next, in response to this short, Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo tell Mike to get a message through to Pearl. (S/T to Kate):
Yep. Go easy on the Gumby shorts, Pearl.
The Blues have a day off today. Send links, or have a boring tomorrow! Also, send MST3K clips. You know you wanna:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Episode 59 of Beyond Checkerdome was recorded last night, so we hope to have it posted by Friday.