Thanks to my wife for stepping into links duty. And enjoying it so much. I'm back for at least a day.
Also, congratulations to Ackermania for getting his latest Memorabilia Memories post on Puck Daddy's Puck Headlines yesterday! Fun times.
Now, some shit for you to click on . . . .
- The turd on top of the banana split from Tuesday's victory over the Kings is that Jaden Schwartz is now "week-to-week" with a foot injury and was placed on injured reserve last night. This is a real bummer. Dmitrij Jaskin has been recalled to take his spot on the roster. [SLGT]
- Episode 65 of Beyond Checkerdome went up yesterday. We bring back Robb Tufts to talk about #FancyStats and create a new holiday . . . "Statvent"! Also, we drink beer. And Fireball. [SLGT]
- Martin Brodeur will start tonight against the Kings, and after tending to his family prior to the death of his aunt, T.J. Oshie is expected to be with the team tonight. That and more from Lou's notebook. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
- A reader named Steve Lane sends us a picture of his hockey-themed Christmas tree. It has ornaments of about every logo of just about every NHL team that's existed since the mid-90's. Whoa! Nicely done, Steve. Thank you! [SBN Uploads]
- A couple things we've forgotten. First, apparently there was a fight between two Blues fans at last Saturday's Avalanche(s) game, and the two were going at it so well, it partially distracted the Avs' power play that was going on at the time. Well done, gents! But seriously, don't fucking fight in the stands. (S/T to hildymac, our fearless leader) [Denver Post / All Things Avs]
- Also lost in the shuffle . . . Barret Jackman had some funny words to say about his recent hot streak the other day. [SLGT FanShots]
- Viva El Birdos editor Joe Schwarz shows and writes his appreciation for one Vladimir Tarasenko. Well done, sir. [SLGT FanPosts]
- Apparently, the Power Play Dance is making the rounds within NHL arenas other than Scottrade Center. Uhhhhhh, hey dipshits . . . stop it, you're embarrassing yourselves. [SLGT FanShots]
- Included in Puck Daddy's Top 10 Busts of 2014? Paul Stastny . . . though, hey, it doesn't seem to be affecting the team adversely, so . . . . [Puck Daddy]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THOSE ASSHOLES OUT WEST, AKA "TAOW", AKA THE LOS ANGELES KINGS:
- Again, if you're looking for the Kings' side of things, go over to Jewels from the Crown. They are good and stuff. [Jewels from the Crown]
- And for all things California NHL, Battle of California is a MUST-visit. [Battle of California]
- There were three games (Wednesday Night Rivalry was Wild(s)-Bruins . . . ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH, GARY?!) last night, and as my wife would say . . . the games ended with different numerical outcomes. [NHL.com 12/17/14]
- Seven games tonight, with only one that matters to a bigger chunk of us. [NHL.com 12/18/14]
- The first player fined for embellishment under the new guidelines? Predators forward James Neal! Not a shock to many, but I was shocked to find that his warning came AFTER a Blues-Preds game. (S/T to luvhockey for the link AND that info) [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Ryan Lambert takes on the Oilers and . . . yep, nothing but the Oilers in this week's Power Rankings. [Puck Daddy]
- Bob Hartley and the Flames agreed to a multi-year extension, just in time for the team's predicted and, verily, imminent crash back down to earth. [USA Today]
- Thomas Drance tells why he thinks Ryan Miller should get to be the backup a bit more often for the Canucks . . . y'know, the guys who paid Miller $6MM/year for this season and each of the next two, instead of the Blues. LOL, Vancouver. LOL. [Canucks Army]
- More exposure for women's hockey? Not a bad idea in the wake of the recent CWHL All-Star Game in Toronto. [Hockey Wilderness]
- In the AHL, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms (the Flyers' affiliate) lit up the Senators affiliate from Binghamton (called . . . yes, the Senators) for three goals in the opening 36 seconds last night. Goddamn. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Despite the Blues' inability to score a regular sellout (STILL), attendance is up from last year. Other teams aren't so lucky. PHT has these figures for all 30 NHL clubs, plus the percentage increase/decrease for each. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- The Serial podcast has been all the rage lately (hell, yesterday I binge-listened to the first 11 episodes awaiting the 12th and final one of Season One, to be released today), but it has left itself open to parody. Funny Or Die does its' worst. (S/T to Ashley, AKA "AuthenticHorrendousEricBrewer") [IndieWire]
- Recently-fired Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini has kind words for his former boss, school Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst. And by "kind", I mean I bet he thinks he should go fuck himself. [SB Nation]
- A Canadian man was determined to go on a trip around the world with a woman named Elizabeth Gallagher, after his then-girlfriend of that same name split up with him. Well, he's found his Elizabeth Gallagher. [Y! / Reuters]
- Crohn's Disease will not stop this man from drinking beer. Because, well, it doesn't. And he gives reviews. [Deadspin / The Concourse]
"Honest Trailers" week continues with (and the wife may kill me for this one) . . . the 2012 release of Les Miserables! Check it out:
Yeah, well, I enjoyed the flick. SUE ME, HONEST TRAILERS.
I have no clue who has links tomorrow. Could be me. Could be BluesMay. Could be J-Mill, if his internet is back. Assume, right now, that it'll be me or BluesMay. So send us stuff, and if it changes, we'll forward it along: