The Internet is for cats...and hockey...and creepers.
- If you read Prospect Sunday, you'd know that three Blues prospects are involved in the World Junior Championships. Brian gives a brief preview. [SLGT]
- Blues reveal who read the 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (Patrik Berglund, Magnus Paajarvi, Brian Elliott [remember him], Chris Porter, Petteri Lindbohm, Jim Corsi, and Ryan Reaves) only four fans correctly guessed all 7 readers. [Blues]
- Watch the Blues play the Stars tonight and hopefully end this losing streak.
KNOW YOUR ENEMY:
- Zero games last night, therefore zero scores.
- 13 games tonight, only one to watch intently. [NHL.com 12/27/14]
- The New Jersey Devils have fired their coach Peter DeBoer. I bet they did it by Christmas card "May your days be merry and bright...you're fired!". [Puck Daddy]
- Add three more names to the list of NHL players who have had the mumps: Penguins Steve Downie, Pens back up goalie Thomas Greiss, and Devils Patrik Elias. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey ; USA Today]
- Rick Nash (ugh) got his first hat trick as a Ranger against the Capitals. However he was not given credit for the third goal until the next day. [USA Today / For the Win]
- Hockey has started to take root in 'Zona (that's right I'm a cool kid and say "Zona) despite the lack of ice. (s/t to J-Mill) [NY Times]
- Blues prospect Robby Fabbri earned top star honors yesterday with his four-point performance in Team Canada's win over Slovakia. [Y! / Buzzing the Net]
- Sharks prospect Nikolay Goldobin mishandles the puck and still manages to score the game winner in a shootout against Denmark. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- USA started off the tournament with a shootout win over Finland, despite Blues prospect Ville Husso standing on his head to prevent it. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- It took four days for Kansas City Chiefs player Alex Smith to discover he had a lacerated spleen. EEK! [Deadspin]
- Soccer players only want each others love and affection. [Deadspin]
- Ten paranormal hoaxes from history. I've seen the fairy pics I think they used them in an episode of Torchwood. [iO9]
- Crazy creatures found in Marianas trench. (s/t to my husband DonutKing) [NPR]
It's the Internet so here's a video about cats.
Send your Mental Floss/John Green/Hank Green videos and any other links here: