Curling. If you're not down with it . . . that's cool.
Light links today:
- Prospect Sunday! Brian looks at the week that was, what's coming up and who's trending up among Blues prospects and gives us a draft update. [SLGT; SLGT; SLGT; SLGT]
- Beyond Checkerdome Episode 30 was recorded yesterday. Resident stats guru Robb Tufts joined us, and it was excellent. Hear it on Wednesday.
- David Backes inaugurates his trip to Sochi with an homage to his plane porn habit . . . [Twitter / @dbackes42]
- . . . while Alex Pietrangelo got a good shot of the whole crew (minus himself and Vladimir Tarasenko) before takeoff. (CANADIAN. TAKEOFF. GET IT?! EH? . . . oh, nevermind.) [Twitter / @apetro_27]
- Puck Daddy started a series on why (INSERT HOCKEY TEAM'S COUNTRY HERE) could TOTALLY medal in Sochi. The first four . . . Czech Republic, Latvia, Switzerland and Sweden.
- Coca-Cola is trying to come up with a Keurig-type machine to deliver single servings of Coke without the bottle or can. Interesting. [Wall Street Journal]
- Big news out of Columbia, MO yesterday . . . looks like we're going to have our first openly gay NFL player . . . Missouri defensive end Michael Sam, who will likely be drafted this year. Good on you, sir. [New York Times]
- OutSports had an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Michael Sam's news. [OutSports]
- And your video . . . the Sportsnet crew takes a look at whether or not Jaroslav Halak will be traded at the deadline. Your answer MIGHT SURPRISE YOU . . . (if you came here from The Asylum):
Got links for papa? Send links to papa. Or to me . . . I'm not your Goddamn papa:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com