Today's links are super late to celebrate the Super Bowl! And you can't prove otherwise!
TarasenkosBlues defended the Conference III Title Belt last night by out-Tarasenko-ingbeating the Nashville Not-TarasenkosPredators 4-3 in the Tarasenko contestshootout. Your recap, as seen by Ashley, aka, TarasenkoTarasenkoTarasenko. [SLGT]
- Here's the Music City perspective. Surprisingly, the Preds are just 4 points out of a playoff spot. [On the Forecheck]
- You likely heard this already, but before the game we learned that Vladimir Sobotka will go on IR and miss both the next four weeks as well as the Olympics with a left leg injury. Such a shame. Get well soon, lil' Vodka! [Blues]
- Hildy doesn't give a shit about your team's Stanley Cup rings. Personally, I tend to disagree - after all, every Cup you have is just one more that the Blues don't have, and what else is the point if not to win The Big One? Then again, Carolina's Cup came in the single worst year in Blues history, so that one doesn't bother me too much - now, Tampa's Cup on the other hand... [SLGT]
- 11 games last night, with a couple highlights I'll mention below. [NHL.com 2/1]
- Only 2 games this afternoon: Red Wings-Capitals on NBC & Jets-Canadiens. I wonder why there are so few today...must have to do with Groundhog Day. [NHL.com 2/2]
- Phil Kessel went America all over Ottawa's ass with a hat trick, plus an assist. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Also in that Leafs-Sens game, Nazem Kadri laid a pretty questionable hit, throwing Cody Ceci into the end boards. Not only was there no call on Kadri, but that hit immediately set up a Joffrey Lupul goal. Needless to say, Ottawa was not happy. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- You think some of the Blues effort struggles have been bad? The Kings were shutout AGAIN last night, this time to Philly & Steve Mason! They've won only once in their last 9, and they've scored only two goals in their last six games, both from Anze Kopitar! I'd almost feel bad for them if it didn't make me feel so awfully joyful! [Jewels From The Crown]
- Joe Thornton scored in the shootout to help the Sharks take down the Blackhawks last night 2-1. The Hawks did get their 14th loser point though - but if there were no OT loss points, the Hawks would go from 1 point up on the Blues to 4 points behind the Avs. [Fear the Fin]
- The Habs' Brandon Prust decided to give Ben Bishop the old "cup check." Ben Bishop did not like that. [Puck Daddy]
- I think there's a football game today? [Literally Any Place On the Internet Come the Fuck On]
- They also announced the 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductees, which included former Ram Aeneas Williams. Congratulations, Aeneas! I'll be sure to check out your bust next summer in Canton when I go see Kurt Warner's induction (plus hopefully Isaac Bruce) in 2015. Also, Ray Guy finally made it, which will really open the flood gates for all of those punters hoping to make it in. [SBNation]
- On Thursday night, Rob Lowe & Rashida Jones left NBC's Parks & Recreation, one of the best shows on TV. But there is literally...no need to worry, because here are some examples of great TV shows that got even better when significant cast members left the show, including Cheers, Law & Order, and...well, Parks & Recreation. [The AV Club]
- Today is also Groundhog Day, & since the links are so late, I can tell you that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning. But have you ever wondered about those fancy guys in top hats that hold Phil up to the crowd? They're called the "Inner Circle," which sounds oddly like a cult. Find out more about Punxsutawney Phil! [Mental_Floss]
You know what does have to do with lions? The Lion King. You're welcome.
Tyler is back tomorrow. Obviously he's a Broncos fan, so send him some links to either A) celebrate Denver's Super Bowl win with him, B) help him feel better about losing the Super Bowl, C) make fun of him for his team losing the Super Bowl, or D) give him something to link to that doesn't have to do with the Super Bowl.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
GO TEAM NOT-SEATTLE!!!