So, as I type this, I'm watching the early stages of a blizzard we were warned about, after spending 35 minutes (my normal commute home from work is about 20) IN the damn thing. I never seriously thought I'd see a blizzard in person. It's rather fascinating.
But you don't care, nor should you. You want links. And Goddamnit, I'm gonna deliver . . . a few.
- The Blues play the Ducks tonight in Anaheim starting at about 9pm Central time in what HAS to be the marquee matchup of the night. As always . . . set your alarm clocks, drinking schedules and swearing map accordingly. For Ducks stuff, go to Anaheim Calling. [Anaheim Calling]
- And for all the California teams, including the Ducks, head on over to the Battle of California. [Battle of California]
- Could the Blues be looking at Sabres center Steve Ott? If so, let's all just start killing ourselves now because really, fuck that guy. Hildy agrees. [SLGT]
- Hildy also looks at, but doesn't really see happening, a deal that would bring Ryan Kesler to St. Louis. [SLGT]
- Last night's scores. For Goddamn once, the Blackhawks lost in regulation instead of overtime or the shootout! REJOICE! [NHL.com 02/27/14]
- Four contests tonight. Probably a lot of interest in the one in Anaheim. [NHL.com 02/28/14]
- Looks like this is the final week Ryan Miller will be in Buffalo. Ted Starkey muses. [SB Nation]
- I contend that the best breakfast cereal is whiskey. Deadspin disagrees. Jerks. [Deadspin]
- One of the last words a 7th grader from Sussex School here in Missoula had to spell to win a county-wide derby? "Umlaut". So yes, this makes her our new Umlaut Overlord. Sorry, Magnus Pääjärvi! [Missoulian]
- And your video . . . you may or may not be familiar with the name Tim Wilson, the comic musician from Georgia whom I was introduced to when I frequently listened to the Bob & Tom Show a few years back. Well, he passed away at the young age of 52 on Wednesday. In tribute, I leave you a live performance of my favorite Tim Wilson tune, "First Baptist Bar & Grill". Enjoy:
"It's the only church in the Bible Belt that smells like a whiskey still . . . ."
RIP, Tim Wilson.
That does it for me this week. J-Mill has Saturday and Sunday for you, so show him some love . . . oh, and send him links and videos and stuff:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
And be sure to check back later for great stuff on tonight's game from people who are all smarter than me.
LET'S GO BLUES.