Gonna guess the Stars are gonna be ready to play tonight. More on that later.
- The Blues host the Stars tonight. The Blues have mad respect for what Brian Elliott was able to do in St. Paul on Sunday. And, I'd say, it's for good reason. [StL Today / Morning Skate]
- Blues legend Bob Plager already has two successful Bobby's Place locations in Valley Park and St. Charles. Well, he's now going upscale . . . opening a new location on Washington Avenue today. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Riverfront Times]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE DALLAS STARS:
- The big news out of Dallas yesterday was about Rich Peverley, who collapsed on the bench during the first period of the Stars' game with the Columbus Blue Jackets yesterday. He has an irregular heartbeat problem which has been monitored in the past. He was sent to the hospital where he is in stable condition, and it appears he'll be alright. The remainder of that game was postponed and will be played at a later date. So the Stars will be playing with a bit of a heavy heart tonight. [SB Nation]
- For everything Stars, including more on the Rich Peverley story, be sure to check out Defending Big D. [Defending Big D]
- For a Tale Of The Tape on ANOTHER Conference III Title Belt defense for the Blues, be sure to check out III Communication. JR will have it for you. [III Communication]
- Scores were secondary last night, but seven of those eight games had results, so here they are. [NHL.com 03/10/14]
- Nine games tonight. You might've heard about one of them. [NHL.com 03/11/14]
- So, usually, when a team has a 3-0 lead heading into the third period of a home game against the Islanders, you'd feel pretty good, right? Well, apparently the Canucks didn't. SEVEN GOALS allowed in the third. Yep, that's some "house of cards" type of shit right there. [Vancouver Sun]
- Rogers SportsNet announced the top of their Hockey Night in Canada lineup yesterday. Don Cherry and Ron Maclean will still be involved (because if they weren't, Canada would have rioted). Also looming large will be George Stroumboulopoulos, Darren Millard and one of my favorites . . . Jeff Marek. They basically went young. Harrison Mooney with his take. [Puck Daddy]
- Obscene Alex with his [Redacted] Week in Review, focusing mainly on goaltenders and the Crown of Shit, which still rests on the heads of the Blackhawks. [III Communication]
- Apparently, people thought Evgeny Kuznetsov was some kind of savior for the Capitals, which makes no sense. Anyway, Ryan Lambert goes ahead and dispels that theory in this week's What We Learned. [Puck Daddy]
- Vote for your favorite Zdeno Chara photoshop picture in THIS contest! (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- Down Goes Brown got a hold of the NHL's super-secret Trade Request Form. [Grantland]
- Senators defenseman Cody Ceci got hit in the head by a slap shot from Predators super-strong slap-shot artist Shea Weber. Boy, THAT had to fucking hurt. [NHL.com]
- This is pretty cool . . . a Nebraska University basketball player (a walk-on, no less) proposed to his girlfriend during Senior Day festivities. [SB Nation]
- Not too long ago, the Miami Dolphins tried to strong-arm Miami-Dade into paying for a bunch of renovations to
Sun LifeJoe Robbie Stadium, and they said no. So the Dolphins are instead going to pay for the renovations themselves. Hopefully the Rams and the City of St. Louis were paying attention. [Deadspin]
- Apparently this happened a few days ago (and I missed it because I am doing the direct opposite of paying attention to baseball right now because, seriously, I'll care when the season starts), but apparently the Cardinals signed Matt Carpenter to a large contract extension. So, essentially, Matt Carpenter is set for life after giving his baseball team one full season of production. Must be nice. [CBS Sports Eye On Baseball]
- Jon Bois is a fucking GIF mastermind. Vote for your favorite GIFs in SB Nation's GIF Tournament, Round Two. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [SB Nation]
First, a bunch of people not giving a GODDAMN. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise):
Next, we saw Jay Bouwmeester punch Ryan Miller last week. Well, this isn't something new. Just ask Miikka Kiprusoff. (S/T to Robb Tufts):
See? Who says Bo doesn't have any personality?
SAVE OUR SITE*! SEND LINKS:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
* NOTE: Actually, our site doesn't need saving. That I know of, anyway.
And #RockTheScott tonight if you're headed up to the game. And buy yourself a St. Louis Game Time rag. And tip your vendor, you cheap fuck.
LET'S GO BLUES.