Okay, so Wednesday sucked, but guess what: that was only one (1) game. Shit happens...even if it occasionally happens on your head.
- Ryan Miller has himself a new helmet, and as you'd expect, and it's pretty swanky. Really love the blues musical influences. Here are some awesome pictures. [Blues]
- The Blues need to move on from the Blackhawks game and get back on track. This road trip has us going up against some pretty tough competition and also the Maple Leafs. [In The Slot]
- The Blues are hoping the fourth line starts giving us some more scoring punch. Funny, I'd like to see the first line do that. [STLToday]
- The scores from last night's nine games - the Blues needed the Stars to lose in regulation to the Flyers & Phoenix to lose to the Panthers in order to officially clinch a playoff spot. Philly did their part, but thanks a lot, Florida. [NHL.com 3/20]
- Only four games tonight, but that Bruins-Avalanche game looks pretty juicy... [NHL.com 3/21]
- ...and not just because Boston could tie the Blues in the President's Trophy hunt with their 11th straight win. Also only two back after last night are the Sharks. In the division, the Blues are still 6 up on Chicago (with a game in hand) & 7 on Colorado. [NHL.com Standings]
- As I alluded to, the Sharks leap froged the Ducks last night in the Pacific with a 3-2 win capped off by a winning goal from Brent Burns, aka, the power forward formally known as the defenseman Chewbacca. [Fear the Fin]
- The Red Wings
prolonged the inevitablekept their playoff chances alive by beating the Penguins in overtime on literally a last second goal by Daniel Alfredsson. 0.4 seconds, to be exact. [Winging It In Motown]
- Zach Parise played his first game back in New Jersey and scored his 24th goal of the year, much to the dismay of Devils fans such as Puddy. The Wild won in overtime, though, 4-3. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Jared Aulin plays in the Swedish Elite League for Orebro. He also recently revealed that his mother was diagnosed with cancer. So the Orebro fans went all out to show their support. Good job. My dad is a cancer survivor, so he's luckier than many, but as Tyler says: fuck cancer. [Puck Daddy]
- The ten finalists for the Hobey Baker Award were announced yesterday. None of the nominees play for my Fighting Illini...because the University of Illinois doesn't have an official NCAA college hockey team. Because fuck common sense, right? Hopefully that changes in the near future, now that the Big Ten is involved. Oh, and Calgary prospect Johnny Gaudreau of BC is going to win of course. [SBNation College Hockey]
- Evgeni Malkin metaphorically hit David Legwand in the nuts last night, netting two goals and posting a 75% EV corsi while primarily being matched up against Legwand. So Legwand did about the only thing he could do - he literally hit Geno in the nuts, with the butt of this stick. He received a 5 and a game misconduct, plus more than likely a phone call from Mr. Shanahan. [Puck Daddy]
- Everyone's doing brackets of things this time of year, but only one really matters. No, not that one, it's Deadspin's Bitchest/Most Defensive Fans in America. The fact that I'm slightly offended that Cardinals fans are only a 6 seed in the region named after the Best Fans in Baseball just goes to prove how right I am. But my money's on "Woody Allen Supporters." [Deadspin]
- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay was recently arrested for a DWI and, having a history of prescription drug addictions, checked into rehab. The Indianapolis Star and different national media outlets covered his struggle with addiction in a largely compassionate way. Which is fine and understandable...except, as Aaron Gordon shows, those same members of the media have rarely if ever shown the same level of humanizing sympathy towards NFL players under the same circumstances. [Sports on Earth]
- Have you ever wondered why there are two Dakotas and Carolinas? Wonder no more! [Mental_Floss]
- Oh, so apparently now it's a crime to visit a Wendy's drive-thru naked three times?!? Thanks Obama! [NY Daily News]
Ales Hemsky of the Ottawa Senators (now he is, anyway) scored this beauty of a goal last night against Tampa! Good goddamn!
I don't know about you, but this CGI cartoon is pretty much every first date I've ever been on.
You've got links...I've got a link posting outlet...let's make this work.
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com