Rather exciting, I suppose.
- Ryan Miller and Steve Ott made their Blues debut against the Coyotes in Glendale and after extending their goalless drought to a near three full games, they scored four goals (including bookend goals from Patrik Berglund) in the third period and took a 4-2 victory. Ashley, aka SteveOttSteveOttSteveOtt (now that's harsh . . . sorry), has your recap. [SLGT]
- SteveOttSteveOttSteveOtt (I'm gonna regret that one later, I know) and Brian also did a link swap with Sabres SBN blog Die By The Blade regarding this weekend's big trade. They shall return the favor soon. [Die By The Blade]
- Here's what Miller looked like ahead of his first Blues practice. You might say he's rather pleased to be out of Buffalo. [SLGT]
- Another SLGT/Rivalry Wear giveaway. This time for a "Busch Country / Miller Time" t-shirt. [SLGT]
- Hopefully not lost in yesterday's game . . . Prospect Sunday! Brian recaps the week that was and what this weekend's trade means for the Blues in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. [SLGT; SLGT]
- Any good letter from a downstate Illinoisan Blues fan gets posted on here. [SLGT FanPosts]
- And we've got a dude looking for a good fitted Blues hat. Help a brotha out, yo! [SLGT FanPosts]
- Before yesterday's game, the Blues made a minor deal with the Panthers, sending Chicago Wolves forward Mark Mancari to Florida (or, really, to the San Antonio Rampage) in exchange for Rampage forward Eric Selleck, who will report to the Wolves. [Blues]
- Eight games yesterday. You might have seen the result of one of those. There was also that Heritage Classic game that didn't end well for the Canucks, I'd say. [NHL.com 03/02/14]
- Four games tonight. Sabres-Stars gets the national television treatment. Maybe Jaroslav Halak will play? I'd guess Chris Stewart will play. Anyway, the other three games, on a scale of zero to ten, are "meh". As is, technically, the Sabres-Stars game. [NHL.com 03/03/14]
- Canadiens forward Dale Weise took a skate to the upper lip from Nazem Kadri in Saturday's game against the Maple Leafs, and the result . . . well . . . this post (with photo) is NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH. [Puck Daddy]
- The Predators are getting Pekka Rinne back as soon as Tuesday against the Penguins, which means he'll be available Thursday against the Blues. Oh . . . oh fuck. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- The Academy Awards were last night, and former Cardinals reliever (and film aficionado) John Axford predicted Oscar winners in 18 categories . . . and nailed every damn one of them. Nice work, John. [Deadspin]
- "Hey dude, let me buy that ticket you nearly gave me by mistake." *scratches ticket* "FUCK YEAH! YOU'RE THE GREATEST CLERK ALIVE, BRO!" [Y! Odd News]
Members of the 1994 Vancouver Canucks team joined a group of guys in the interior of British Columbia for a day of pond hockey. So. Awesome. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise):
My favorite part is the dude carrying the beer to the ice. So happy. So . . . BEER.
Alright, so you know what to do:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And be on the lookout for a special trade edition of Beyond Checkerdome this afternoon, with the full edition Wednesday as always.