Thanks to the Missouri Valley Conference Basketball Tournament (I hear Wichita State is good, or something), tonight will be the only Blues home game between the Olympic Break and March 13th. Enjoy it. There may be some significance behind it. Or something.
- Ryan Miller is "very open" to remaining a member of the Blues past the end of this season. [StL Today]
- A special shortened edition of Beyond Checkerdome went to air yesterday. Tim and I spoke with Sabres/Leafs NHL.com writer and Pro Hockey Talk writer Joe Yerdon regarding Friday's trade. [SLGT]
- How comfortable are you with Miller as Blues' goaltender? Vote! [SLGT]
- Remember Jaroslav Halak? Well, he's rumored to be moving to the Wild(s), and not just according to this . . . but to Yerdon (see above), who covers the Sabres. Mother. Fuck. [SLGT]
- Ryan Miller and Steve Ott, from the perspective of a Sabres fan. [SLGT]
- A look at which Blues are hot and not against the Lightning(s) heading into tomorrow's game with them. (I'll forgive the misspelling of Brenden Morrow . . . I suppose.) [SLGT FanPosts]
- Looks like Ryan Lambert read all my tweets about a possible Miller trade. Or agreed with me. (Though I'm willing to give Miller much more of a chance than Lambert.) All that in more in this week's What We Learned. [Puck Daddy]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING(S):
- For all you've ever wanted to know about the Tampa Bay Lightning(s) (the only NHL team whose Twitter account follows me, by the way . . . for some reason . . . thanks, @TBLightning, you're swell!), head on over to Raw Charge. [Raw Charge]
- Scores. Four of them. [NHL.com 03/03/14]
- Games tonight. Ten of them. One in St. Louis. May have heard about it. [NHL.com 03/04/14]
- Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov got two games for boarding Flyers forward Brayden Schenn on Sunday afternoon. [Puck Daddy]
- Well . . . uhhhhh, here's something . . . that appears . . . to . . . uhhhhh, exist. For some reason. [CBS Sports Eye On Hockey]
- So, apparently, we're not the only ones saying "Fuck Detroit". Mike Ilitch and family, too. [Deadspin]
- Edmonton-area native Ben Scrivens, traded to the Oilers earlier in the year, gets a two-year extension from the team. [Puck Daddy]
- Obscene Alex seems happier than a pig in shit (Yeah, I can say that here) about Steve Ott returning to Conference III. That and more in his [Redacted] Conference III Week In Review. [III Communication]
- "It's safe to play in the Ukraine! We swear!" [R-Sport]
- Fels was not happy with the Brandon Bollig extension given by Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman, it seems. [The Committed Indian]
- Speaking of the Blackhawks . . . seems someone swiped Corey Crawford's pads. I suspect Jeff Zatkoff, looking for souvenirs before Tomas Vokoun is well enough to be with the Penguins full-time. (S/T to @ChrisAhner) [Chicago Tribune]
- So apparently I'm not the only one to get slammed by snow lately (yes, you good folks of the Midwest have gotten it too . . . but hell, my area got two feet in about a week). This dude? Well, he got owned by a snow plow in Jersey. [Deadspin]
- Farmers don't have much to do in the winter. Especially in Minnesota. So this one built a gigantic-ass snowman. Good on the lad. [Y! / AP]
First, I posted a pond hockey video yesterday that involved some Canucks legends. Today, I present to you a bunch of people from Minnesota who get together every winter and play. And to hear their takes on it . . . quite incredible. (S/T to CanesAndBluesFan):
The room got a bit dusty toward the end when they were talking about Dieter. I'll admit.
Next, you should watch Steve (Dangle) Glynn's final Leafs Fan Reaction video from his bedroom at his parents' house . . . before his move to his own place in Oshawa. Mainly because of the memorabilia he shows for the second half of it:
GRANT FUHR SIGHTING.
Links? Videos? You know you wanna:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And if you're heading to tonight's game . . . give a warm welcome to the newcomers, and be sure to buy yourself a rag. St. Louis Game Time is the best $4 you'll spend at the DrinkScotch tonight. Oh, and don't forget to tip your vendor, you cheap ass.
LET'S GO BLUES.