Hey, it seems the Blues are no longer looking like the cast members of The Walking Dead! HOORAY! Or some shit.
- The Blues held an optional skate yesterday, in which Vladimir Tarasenko was without a cast and also featured were recently-injured participants like T.J. Oshie, Brenden Morrow, Barret Jackman and Alex Pietrangelo. Pretty good news for a team that was a M*A*S*H unit less than a week ago. [SLGT]
- Here's some more about the morning skate and other stuff from Lou Korac. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
- A shooting summary for the Blues by our resident Fancy Stats wizard, Robb Tufts. [SLGT]
- At least Dan O'Neill didn't do a lede about Chilean miners this time, I guess. Still, a shit-filled history recount of the times the Blues have had over 100 points in a season. (He says the Avalanche(s) won their first Cup in 2001, when that was actually their second Cup.) (S/T to TerrapinKen for this one, he was a hero today) [StL Today]
- Even if it's only slightly . . . I agree with this FanShot from "baroose". [SLGT FanShots]
- Hockey Hugs! Guaranteed not to include the Blues! Because the Blues SUCKED down the stretch! [Puck Daddy]
- Obscene Alex's [Redacted] Stars Season in Review. Yep, he's a Stars fan. Which might explain why he's been so foul. [III Communication]
- An NHL '14 simulation has the Bruins beating the Sharks for the Stanley Cup. They are bad at picking things, so yeah, don't count on this. [Puck Daddy]
- First Round predictions by J.R. Lind and Obscene Alex. [III Communication]
- Tinder Playoff Previews continue . . . first, the Penguins and Blue Jackets . . . [Puck Daddy]
- . . . then the Rangers and Flyers, because they love each other. [Puck Daddy]
- Speaking of the Flyers, for some reason they're going to pay Andrew MacDonald $30MM over the next six seasons. #HolmgrensShrooms [Flyers]
- The NHL's playoff format, as I think was kinda exploited a bit by J-Mill the other day, is all about gambling, it seems. [Puck Daddy]
- The Panthers won the right to pick first in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. The Sabres, who had the best shot at the first pick because they were the shittiest team, pick second. [TSN]
- Yahoo! Sports reveals their choices for the Calder, Adams and Selke Trophies. A couple of folks gave third-place votes to Blues (one David Backes, one Vladimir Sobotka) for Selke. [Puck Daddy]
- Not sure our Founding Fathers considered THIS when they wrote the First Amendment, but here it is . . . a church that congregates nude. (S/T again to TerrapinKen) [WJHL.com]
- A mug for the special lady in your life . . . or the special Blackhawks fan, I guess. (S/T one more time to TerrapinKen) [Firebox]
- Dumbass. [Deadspin]
- 6 years, $52MM for . . . this. [SB Nation]
- Jury duty for a . . . dog. [Y! Odd News]
Mental Floss video outtakes!
Gotta love outtakes. Especially when they refer to Anchorman.
And . . . it's yet another short week for me. J-Mill has your Thursday thru Sunday, so give him your best:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
This will not be the last you'll hear from me before the series, however. Check back Thursday to see what I mean. Also, don't expect Beyond Checkerdome Episode 39 to go up until Thursday either. Actually, that was the plan anyway.