A big "Thank You" is in order to my links partner-in-crime, J-Mill, for covering links yesterday (even though he forgot to do links on Friday and Saturday . . . which I'm willing to forgive, obviously). I
was out seeing a man about a dog took an impromptu trip to Glacier National Park with my fiancée.
Nothing happened in the interim, right? Bullshit!
- A team that's not playing during the second round of the playoffs doesn't generally create news, I suppose.
- Tempers flared toward the end of it, but the Canadiens shut out the Bruins 4-0 and forced a Game Seven on Wednesday in Boston. [Eyes on the Prize]
- The Ducks, at one point, had a 4-1 lead, but they ended up making things exciting and only winning by one. With the 4-3 victory over the Kings, they take a 3-2 series lead as the series shifts back to Staples Center. [NHL.com]
- Game Seven between the Rangers and Penguins in the 'Burgh (after the Pens had the Rags down 3-1, to boot). The Blackhawks have a chance to eliminate the Wild(s) in Game Six, but they'll have to do it in St. Paul, and only the Wild(s) have won in St. Paul in these playoffs. [NHL.com 05/13/14]
- John Gibson did awesome in Game Four (and well enough, apparently, in Game Five), but Ryan Lambert notes in his weekly What We Learned piece that he can't hide all of Anaheim's problems . . . like, for one . . . THREE SHOTS ON GOAL IN THE LAST FORTY MINUTES ON SATURDAY?!?! HOLY SHITBALLS. [Puck Daddy]
- Barry Trotz is interested in giving the Trotz to the Capitals, apparently. [Washington Post]
- Here's something about P.K. Subban and the NHL's history with people of color. But seriously. Harrison Mooney spelled "color" wrong. Damn Canadians. [Puck Daddy]
- Speaking of Subban and racists, a couple students of a Massachusetts high school were suspended for a week each because they are dumb racist assholes. I do hope they learn from it. [WCVB]
- Star Wars goalie masks? Star Wars goalie masks. Because Disney is awful and going to run this fucking thing to the ground. [Puck Daddy]
- SportsNet reports that Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf and Senators forward Jason Spezza--the teams' respective Captains--are apparently on the trading block. (WARNING: FUCKING AUTOPLAY VIDEOS BLOW GODDAMN GOATS.) [SportsNet]
- The folks at Arctic Ice Hockey look at the real cost of buying out Jets goaltender Ondrej Pavelec and list some possible replacements. Yes, Brian Elliott is included. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Here's a house in New Hampshire, exploding on live television. [Deadspin / The Concourse]
- "Do you know how fast you were gWHOA MY FUCKING GOD A TREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!" [Y! / The Sideshow]
- Donald Sterling . . . is an insufferable dipshit. [Deadspin]
- But, here's your "Dumbshit of the Day Award" winner. Just . . . unspeakably fucking stupid, this one. (S/T to TerrapinKen) [Riverfront Times]
28 years ago yesterday was the "Monday Night Miracle". Yesterday happened to be a Monday. Weird how that works. Here's a cool video Hall Plante sent me:
Boy, is that a story that deserved a much happier ending than it had. And yes, that WAS a young Al MacInnis on the ice for Greg Paslawski's second goal (the one that knotted it up at five).
And here's Martin St. Louis, obviously a bit emotional after Game Six. I can commiserate with a guy who just lost his mother:
You can say a lot of things about Martin St. Louis (especially after the whole trade debacle), but you sure as shit can't call him "heartless".
Links? Videos? Stupid shit? I'm all ears . . . and all mailboxes:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Also, as a reminder . . . no Beyond Checkerdome this week as the summer schedule starts in relative earnest. It should return next week.