I was out with a friend of mine who's a Chicago fan last night, and the following exchange took place:
ME: What've you been up to?
HIM: [knowingly] Not much...still watching hockey...
ME: There is no hockey...only Zuul.
- The Rangers demolished the Canadiens on Canadian soil yesterday by the score of 7-2. [Blueshirt Banter]
- The Habs were...well, they fucking sucked. [Habs Eyes on the Prize]
- Those Fuckers Up North (here to referred to as "TFUN") will begin their series against Those Assholes Out West (here to referred to as "TAOW") today at 2:00 central. The Committed Indian previewed the series with a short podcast talk with The Royal Half himself. [The Committed Indian]
- Meanwhile, JftC takes a look at the Fancy Stats - TFUN & TAOW have been the two best possession teams in the NHL the last two years, and they're separated by about as little as you can have. [Jewels from the Crown]
- Donald Sterling is a dumb ass who says incredibly stupid things in real life. Master Shake is a dumb ass who says incredibly stupid things on Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Donald Sterling sounds like Master Shake. You can see where this might be going? You can barely even tell the difference with Sterling spliced into this. [Deadspin]
It's Sunday, which makes it Game of Thrones day. It's also a day that ends in "y," so it's a day to celebrate Super Mario, his brothers, and which ever toadstools are helping save the Princess.
Let's put those things together.
Tyler is back tomorrow. Toss him some links.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
It's also Prospect Sunday - check back to hear how the Chicago Wolves did in their second round matchup! (Spoiler alert...not great.)