Remember, votes count twice today for the T.J. Oshie vs. Patrice Bergeron hashtag contest. If you're into that sort of thing . . . which I'm not.
Also, Fuck Detroit.
- The staff graded goalies. A lot of us did our grading before the Brian Elliott signing, and it showed . . . but seriously, Google Docs can bite my fucking ass, or else mine would've been fixed. [SLGT]
- Episode 43 of Beyond Checkerdome went up yesterday. We have a simple message . . . don't be a dick. Also, I'm not a fan of cover votes or handshakes. [SLGT]
- Fuck Los Angeles. [Jewels From The Crown]
- Haha. Fuck Chicago. [The Committed Indian]
- Game 3 between the Canadiens and Rangers happens at Madison Square Garden tonight. Getcha popcorn ready. [NHL.com 05/22/14]
- Tim Burke of Deadspin created a Doc Emrick soundboard. He should be granted sainthood for this, in every religion known to man. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Deadspin]
- Ryan Lambert's Power Rankings takes on things again. The Ryan Miller trade was one of them, and it appears he agrees with Doug Armstrong . . . kinda, and in hindsight. [Puck Daddy]
- The Kings' Twitter account is a bit of a troll. But they may have gotten this one right. Chicago-style pizza, technically speaking, is NOT pizza. It's a fucking bread bowl. A damn GOOD bread bowl, but alas. [SB Nation]
- The Penguins aren't going to do it, but Wysh still lays out the argument for Pierre McGuire to be a GM somewhere. Though, I mean, Pittsburgh would've been the perfect landing spot, but whatever. GET HIM AND HIS "THIS GUY PLAYED JUNIOR AT __________" OFF MY FUCKING TELEVISION SCREEN. [Puck Daddy]
- All the major European League (except for the KHL, weirdly) did a draw for their Champions Hockey League. Here were the results. [IIHF Worlds 2014]
- Alex Ovechkin practiced for the first time since his injury. Which he says was not a knee problem. [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
- BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES in Delaware. (S/T to UIWWildThing) [WBAL]
- "Are you smoking marijuana while operating this motor vehicle?" "Why, yes I am, officer." [Y! / AP]
- So hockey's not the only winter sport with a concussion problem. The NBA has one too, apparently. [SB Nation]
This interaction between a dachshund pup and a crab on the beach is just fucking adorable, man:
Badger dogs are the greatest.
That'll do it for me. J-Mill has your weekend. Hit him up with links, videos and the like:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com