Want the Habs to advance to the Cup Finals? Welp, that'll be a bitch of an uphill climb.
- Prospect Sunday! Brian looks at "The '14 File" and gives us the final stats on Blues' prospects this season, as all their seasons are now officially over. [SLGT; SLGT]
- I thought at least three of these trades were worse than the Ryan Miller/Steve Ott trade, but CanesAndBluesFan disagrees. [SLGT]
- We find out at 2pm CDT today if T.J. Oshie advanced to the final of the NHL 15 cover vote contest to face either P.K. Subban or Drew Doughty . . . if he did, great. If not, I get my Twitter timeline back a week early. Regardless, at this point I'd have no problem with Electronic Arts going out of business any time soon.
- Martin St. Louis wristed one home in overtime to give the Rangers a 3-2 win and a commanding 3-1 series lead over the Canadiens as the series now shifts back to Centre Bell. [Blueshirt Banter]
- The Blackhawks and Kings square off in Game Four of their series tonight. Eh, fuck them both. [NHL.com 05/26/14]
- Russia wins the IIHF World Championships with a win over Finland. About five people outside of Europe give a rat's ass. [NHL.com]
- It's Memorial Day. A debt of gratitude, at the very least, is owed to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Read up on this holiday, so you know what you're celebrating today. [Wikipedia]
- And if you're not sure what to cook, here's some things to choose from. [PBS]
- The first no-hitter of the 2014 baseball season was hurled yesterday . . . by veteran right-hander Josh Beckett. [SB Nation]
- The first American since 2006 to win the Indianapolis 500 is . . . Ryan Hunter-Reay of Texas. Who is only three months older than me. Which is not old in racecar driving years, but is old for me, because #TylerIsOld. [SB Nation]
Here's a bunch of Germans trying to say "squirrel" but, due to their own language concepts and barriers, finding themselves unable to do so properly. This is rather amusing. (S/T to Kate):
Seriously. It's not easy for them.
And then . . . my cellphone's default text tone is the "Secret Sound" from the original 8-bit version of The Legend of Zelda. Well, here's a dude who makes what appears to be a perfect replica of Link's Master Sword:
I want three.
Links? Videos? Silly shit? Send them forth:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com