Is there hockey going on or something?
- The Blues hired a goaltending coach . . . Jim Corsi. Ironically, for a long time he was the goaltending coach of Ryan Miller, who will not be with the Blues next season. [Blues]
- Speaking of Corsi . . . CanesAndBluesFan looks at the past five years of Corsi figures for the Blues. Boy, does Maxim Lapierre look like shit here. [SLGT]
- Three goals for Rene Bourque helped lift the Canadiens to a 7-4 victory over the Rangers last night to stave off elimination and send the series back to MSG. [Eyes on the Prize]
- Obviously, Rags fans didn't think this was fun. [Blueshirt Banter]
Derek Dorsett was a horrible asshole before and toward the end of the game, giving one of the Habs' kid flag-bearers a snow shower and head-butting our old pal Mike Weaver, respectively. [Puck Daddy]
- Meanwhile, John Moore was a horrible asshole toward the end of the game too, elbowing Dale Weise in the head. That would be another former Blue Jackets player. I guess he wanted to "fucking kill" Weise before Milan Lucic got around to doing it. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Fuck Chicago. Fuck Los Angeles. The Kings get their first of up to three chances to end the Blackhawks' season tonight. Just fucking do it, I don't care. [NHL.com 05/28/14]
- Noted Devils fan Greg Wyshynski recalls Stephane Matteau's famous Game Seven overtime goal . . . 20 years after the fact. [Puck Daddy]
- Might Barry Trotz be just the right coach for Alex Ovechkin? Ryan Lambert thinks so. [Deadspin]
- Meanwhile, Shawn Simpson . . . who used to work for the Capitals . . . calls Brian MacLellan, the Caps' new GM, a lazy ass without much passion for hockey. Not to call him a fuckhead, but he DID say the above hit on Weise was the fault of Weise last night. Boy howdy, maybe this is why people like you get fired, Shawn. [Washington Post]
- Hey, remember all those hashtag votes you gave to T.J. Oshie last week? Not only did they not help him win, but it's possible they didn't make it to the vote count. [SB Nation]
- The United States soccer team defeated Azerbaijan 2-0 at Candlestick Park in San Francisco, a friendly tune-up for the World Cup. Those kits look like fucking bomb pops. [SB Nation]
- Bill Murray is a motherfucking magician. [Deadspin]
- This woman mustn't have a digestive system or something. Holy hell. [Y! / AP]
First, Hank Green talks about cool shit that happens in Missoula, Montana (where he lives . . . y'know, like smart people do) and talks about how special (and not special) places like Missoula really are. (S/T to Kate):
Puts things in perspective.
Also putting things in perspective? Yeah, more fake real weaponry! This time, the Man At Arms takes on Finnick's Trident from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire:
Once again . . . I find myself wanting three.
Links? Vids? Other shit? Oh, you know you wanna! Send 'em on down:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com