"I really fucking hate soccer." -- someone who is going to have an incredibly miserable month, starting today . . .
And I will not feel one Goddamn bit sorry for that person, either, because . . . THAT was me, 16 years ago.
Links? You got 'em.
- Our man about the prospects, Brian, participated in an NHL Mock Draft. With the 21st pick, he selected . . . a centerman from Sweden. [SLGT]
- Want a job with the Blues? Like social media? Have a marketing/PR background? Well, the team has JUST the job for YOU! (P.S.: IT'S ABOUT GODDAMN TIME THEY STARTED GIVING A SHIT ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING. ONLY TOOK . . . WAY TOO FUCKING LONG.) [NHL / Hockey Jobs]
- So instead of whimpering into the night, the Rangers decided to delay the inevitable, winning 2-1 over the Kings in Game Four at MSG last night. Dipshits. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Fuck Los Angeles. They'll host Game Five on Friday night. [Jewels from the Crown]
- The NHL will make $3.7BB in revenues this year. That's a fuck-ton of money, for a league the owners (and Gary Bettman) were sure was not profitable enough during the lockout. Also means the salary cap is going up, as expected. [The Globe & Mail]
- Ryan Lambert takes on the Sharks, replays, puck luck and other nonsense in this week's Power Rankings. [Puck Daddy]
- Five Thirty Eight takes a look at the Rangers' chances after going down 3-0 in the series. Well, they're still alive, so that's . . . something. [Five Thirty Eight]
- Reebok is a dumbshit. [Puck Daddy]
- The AHL's Syracuse Crunch will play a game at the Carrier Dome next season. That's where Syracuse U's football and basketball teams play. So yeah, that's a pretty damn big deal. [syracuse.com]
- The Senators officially made public that Jason Spezza requested a trade. Which, of course, lowers his trade value. Which, of course, is not something you'd want to do if you're trying to trade a pretty valuable asset, right? The Sens . . . are . . . not wise. [Puck Daddy]
- Meanwhile, the Oilers officially named Craig Ramsay an assistant coach, while they moved Kelly Buchberger from the bench to the front office. [Oilers]
- The World Cup starts today in Brazil. Bosnia and Herzegovina is involved for the first time ever. As many of you know, there is a strong Bosnian population in St. Louis. And they are quite excited, as they should be. A St. Louisan (sorta) is even on the team. (S/T to J-Mill) [New York Times]
- Meanwhile, for the boys that represent the United States, a story of five St. Louisans who basically lived on the same block on "The Hill" who would go on to make history for the United States soccer program. (S/T again to J-Mill) [St. Louligans]
- Get your car washed at Asstime. [Deadspin / The Concourse]
- No, as much as you'd LIKE them to be your pets . . . moose are NOT pets. Yes, not even in Alaska. [Y! / AP]
People do the weirdest things with their wiener . . . DOGS:
How the music for this one wasn't Boats 'N Hoes, I have no Goddamn clue.
I'm out the door. SLGT's futbol guru, J-Mill, is sure to have all the World Cup links for you this weekend (beyond the two he gave me for today). But be sure to send him some hockey shit as well, okay? Here's how:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
Also, some interesting material in the works. Keep an eye out for the front page.