There weren't many, but for all the Blues fans that rooted for the Blackhawks in the Western Conference Finals . . . I hope you enjoyed rooting for a loser. Again.
I mean, hell, it's not like--at this point, as Blues fans--you weren't already completely desensitized to rooting for a losing fucking cause anyway, eh?
Also, yesterday marked the first anniversary of me doing links for St. Louis Game Time. Let's not throw a party.
- A brief Prospect Sunday, as Brian goes a bit deeper into "The '14 File" to look at a couple possible mid- to late-rounders. [SLGT]
- Tim and I, despite some pretty severe technical difficulties, recorded Episode 44 of Beyond Checkerdome yesterday before last night's Game Seven. Fun times.
- Fuck LA. The Kings advance to the Stanley Cup Finals on an OT winner from Alec Martinez on a shot that seemed to carom off just about fucking everyone in red. Primary assist to Justin Williams, who just fucking kills in Game Sevens, folks. [Jewels from the Crown]
- LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Fuck Chicago. [The Committed Indian]
- Sean Leahy's take on the game and the still-growing tale of the aforementioned Williams, AKA "Mister Game Seven". [Puck Daddy]
- During the game, the Blackhawks' Twitter account inadvertently told Mexico's president to fuck his mother. I mean, I do this on a regular basis, I dunno what the big deal is here. [Deadspin]
- No hockey until Wednesday, when the Kings host the Rangers in Game 1 of the Finals. Hold onto your butts.
- Jimmy Fallon won a bet with Youppi and therefore got to indulge the mascot in wearing a Rangers sweater around Montreal for a while. [Puck Daddy]
- Sad news, as former Devils (and Nets) owner Lewis Katz was one of seven passengers on a private plane that crashed near Boston on Saturday. There were no survivors of the fiery crash. [Deadspin]
- Glen Sather royally fucked some things up, but this year, everything seems to be going his way. Here's some of the shit he's put the Rangers through over the years. [Puck Daddy]
- Claude Lemieux was kind of an asshole. His son, Brendan Lemieux, is going to be drafted this year. Brendan is not shying away from comparisons with his father. So it's fair to say that Brendan is kind of an asshole too. And if he's drafted by the Blues (which, I mean, COULD happen, right?), he'll become . . . OUR asshole. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [National Post]
- 'Merica beat Turkey in another World Cup warmup match. Yay. Still looked like ass, apparently. [SB Nation]
- Ever seen a dude break his bat swinging at a pitch he did not make contact with? Well, Marlon Byrd will allow you to see such a thing! (Also, ever broken an aluminum bat before? I have. It's fun! NOT.) [Deadspin]
- Of course a dude pushing a shopping cart full of meat would be alarming in Seattle. IT'S SEATTLE. IT SHOULD BE A CART FULL OF FUCKING AWESOME SEAFOOD, YOU FUCKING MORON. [Y! / AP]
You mean good hockey teams have bandwagons? Shocking. (This is from 2010, which was, like four years ago . . . holy shit!) (S/T to CrossCheckRaise):
And yes, that one Paper Lace song . . . you know the one. (I've been wanting to post this for a fucking month now.):
Links? Vids? Other shit? Hey, bring 'em on down to the factory:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com