- After Brad & Laura's great tear-down of TFUN in their eulogy, Hildy posted an alternate/early draft, she described as a "B-side of a 45," whatever the hell that means. (I kid...mostly) Or if you want to recognize that we're a decade & a half into the 21st century, you can think of it as a special feature blu-ray with deleted scenes & director commentary. But seriously, it's nearly as good as the one that got sent to Wysh. [SLGT]
Blues owner Tom "The Still Man" Stillman did a Q&A about this past season's
abject failuredisappointing outcome. This is a couple days old now, so it's possible DK linked it earlier this week & I missed it...but if you haven't seen it, it's new to you! [STLToday]
- No hockey last night...[GIF]
- ...no hockey tonight. [GIF]
- The Islanders have been aggressive this pre-off-season. They've already traded for & signed Jaroslav Halak, now they've acquired the rights to Dan Boyle from the Sharks for a conditional pick. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- ...but will Boyle sign? [Puck Daddy]
- Could the LA Kings be up for sale after the Stanley Cup Finals are over? [New York Post]
- No, they won't. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Dan Girardi is a very good defenseman. But Dan Girardi has had a particularly shitty postseason by any measurement you wish to use, including committing the egregious turnover which lead the the Kings' overtime winner in game 1. Could Dan Girardi cost the Rangers the Stanley Cup? [SBNation NHL]
- Today is the 70th anniversary of D-Day, the allied invasion of Normandy Beach which signaled the beginning of the end of the NAZI occupation of France and turned the tide of WWII. Take a moment to read the original AP report from the field reporters. [Yahoo! News]
- As if my jab at 45s earlier didn't make you feel old as shit, Childhood Trauma wants to add to your misery, and in a very specific manor at that - you've always wanted to know exactly how many times your heart has beaten or how many times around the Earth the moon has flown in your lifetime, right? [You're Getting Old!]
- Jon Bois wanted to know how the NBA would end, so he brought about the demise of professional basketball (via NBA 2K14) by making the entire league fade into 5'3" horrendous-ness year after year after year, complete with GIFs and screen caps. I promise you this will be the funniest thing you'll read all week, and even more so if you hate the NBA! [SBNation NBA Y2K]
- The World Cup is now less than a week away. Whether you're a full-time soccer purist or just have a passing curiosity every 4 years, do not miss SBNation's World Cup preview, gorgeously laid out for you and simple to read. When SBNation goes all-in, they go all-in! [SBNation World Cup Preview]
- Remember how St. Louis is getting our very own IKEA for the first time? Well, construction was stopped for a while yesterday as workers came across buried human remains in an unmarked tomb from the 19th century near the build site. So you know what that means: St. Louis will be home to the world's first Haunted IKEA! [STLToday]
Since we're getting an IKEA, you'll need to know how to navigate the place & shop there effectively, with or without the awakened dark spirits that may or may not have been disturbed by the buildings construction. So here's Grace Helbig to teach you how!
Mario Kart 8 came out this week (I think...honestly I haven't owned a Nintendo system since N64), and the surprise run-away hero so far has been Luigi, who's transformed from a mild-mannered brother/side-kick into the most badass motherfucker in the Mushroom Kingdom. Have a look for yourself: (sticktap to @the_jen)
Send me shit - it'll literally help me sleep better.
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
Game Time. Check us out...we may have more.