I disagree with my links partner-in-crime about something. You'll catch it . . . later in this post.
Also, I love Apple products, but switching from my Toshiba lappy-tappy to this little MacBook Air temporarily while I wait for a new charger . . . is rather weird.
Anyway, you don't want a soliloquy. You want links. Well, I got links. And an excellent video.
- Prospect Sunday! Brian opens with a great story on betting on the ponies and family and such . . . then dives into the 2014 NHL Entry Draft with who the scouting services rank at the spots the Blues are currently slated to draft from. [SLGT]
- The season ended six weeks ago and I STILL have to call Blackhawks fans dumbasses. Nice first SBN comment, you dipshit. [SLGT (Comments)]
- The Stanley Cup Final (yes, it's singular, Jason, and EVEN SBN'S STATIC LINKING AGREES) series shifts to Madison Square Garden. Can the Rangers shift their fortunes? Can Lundqvist out-King the Kings? Can I come up with dumber questions ahead of Game Four? [NHL.com 06/09/14]
- The Kings are up 2-0, but they sound like a team that's not only down 2-0 but had its' neighbor shoot its' fucking dog last night or something. Probably not a good thing for the Rangers. [Puck Daddy]
- In Game One of the Calder Cup Final, the Texas Stars prevailed over the St. John's IceCaps 6-3. Considering the organization he plays for (the Jets, for the uninitiated) I wonder if Michael Hutchinson is what Ondrej Pavelec's name translates to. [The AHL]
- Despite his illness and the fact that he didn't do more than skate with the team since the new year, the Wild(s) do expect Josh Harding to be available to begin the 2014-15 campaign. That's . . . something. [Puck Daddy]
- SBN's Rodger Sherman found a live stream of the EFAF European Championships (basically, American football in Europe, with whole countries fielding their best squads) and has still images and words about it. He thoroughly enjoyed it. [SB Nation / Lookit]
- This dickhead. [Y! / AP]
- The United States defeated Nigeria 2-1 Saturday in their final tune-up ahead of the World Cup, and us yanks should be encouraged by how they did it. [SB Nation]
- The Royals' bellboy down the first base line fucked up on one play--picking up a ball that was actually in play--then made up for it by completely letting the next foul ball roll past. Pretty good stuff. [Deadspin]
- I love the National Football League as a product, but their current leader is an evil shithead and I sometimes wish he would die. More so than Bettman, and that's saying something. [SB Nation]
You only get one video. And you only NEED one video. Greg "Game Over Greggy" Miller from IGN and the Sauce Boss from Epic Meal Time make . . . fucking BACON CHEESECAKE OREO SANDWICHES. (S/T to Childhood Trauma):
I WANT FIFTY.
Links? Videos? Other shit? You know you wanna send it on down:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And as a reminder . . . no Beyond Checkerdome this week. Episode 45 coming NEXT week.