J-Mill apologizes for not having links yesterday. Just didn't have time for it. Shit happens.
You survived anyway. And now you get links!
It's a slow offseason.
- Nothing, really, but Lou has a bit on Blues prospect Tommy Vannelli . . . who says his move from being a Minnesota Gopher hockey commit to the WHL's Medicine Hat Tigers was beneficial. [In the Slot / Lou Korac]
- Our old pal Dutchie, Lee Stempniak, signed a one-year deal with the (L)Eastern Conference champion Rangers yesterday. Which means we could see him in the home opener. [USA Today]
- Speaking of the Rags . . . I know Average Joe (and several other SLGT folks) will fucking love the mask of Cam Talbot, as he one-ups his Ghostbusters-themed mask from last year. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Meanwhile, David Moss took time off from his honeymoon to sign a one-year deal with the
PhoenixArizona Coyotes yesterday. [azcentral.com]
- So apparently the Ilitch Family has a "bold vision" for the new arena district in Detroit. Oh, you mean aside from needlessly bleeding money from a shithole city that could really use the money elsewhere these days? [USA Today]
- So, so, SO awesome. The Canadian "Five Hole For Food" initiative has taken in one million pounds of food donations this year. Using street hockey. Awesome, awesome, awesome. [Puck Daddy]
- BEST FANS IN BASEBALL. PARTY FOUL. [Deadspin]
- Considering this occurred in the deep southern portion of Illinois, I guess I shouldn't be TOO stunned someone down there could be this fucking stupid. [Y! / AP]
- Or, y'know, you can tell your team to NOT BE DIPSHITS AND DON'T PLAY IN A SHIFT THAT WOULD LEAVING THE POSSIBILITY OF A BUNT SINGLE SO WIDE THE FUCK OPEN. Moron. [SB Nation]
- Pie vs. cake . . . played out by the writers at Vox. Me? #TeamPie, all the way. Unless you take the options of the first video of the day into account. (S/T to J-Mill) [Vox]
THREE of 'em today. First . . . the end of the cliffhanger from "Other Shit" . . . it's Eddie Izzard! He has an important question. (S/T to J-Mill):
Well, if given THAT option . . . #TeamNotDeath.
Next, the greatest Star Wars drinking song of all time. (S/T to Childhood Trauma):
Finally, possibly the most hilarious cover of "Fat Bottomed Girls" you will EVER see and hear. (S/T to Kate):
GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE.
Links? Videos? Other shit? You know what to do:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com