Yeah, motherfuck the offseason. I can't really blame J-Mill for not putting anything up yesterday. Next to nothing happened.
Anyway. Here's a few things:
- The Rangers and A**** W**** . . . errrrr, Derick Brassard . . . avoided arbitration, agreeing to a $25MM extension over five years. That seems like a lot for . . . uhhhhh, that guy, does it not? [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
- Speaking of the Rangers . . . Dominic Moore and friends raised a shit-ton of money for charity at a table tennis-themed fundraiser called "Smashfest" at a Toronto brewery, including over $100,000 for the Katie Moore foundation. FUCK CANCER. [Puck Daddy]
- The Maple Leafs hiring Kyle Dubas is quite the opposite of an "Old Boys' Network" hire. That probably isn't a horrible thing. [Puck Daddy]
- Speaking of the Leafs . . . the last sentence of this obituary: "It was Terry's last wish that his pallbearers be the Toronto Maple Leafs so they could let him down one last time." (It wasn't the Leafs themselves, but a bunch of friends in Leafs sweaters. Close enough.) [Lifenews.ca]
- Is P.K. Subban breaking tradition by drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup before he's ever won it? No, probably not, because he used a straw and never touched the damn thing. (Also, watch Seth Rogen drink a bunch of beer from the Stanley Cup . . . WITH THE HELP OF P.K. SUBBAN!) [Puck Daddy]
- It was Hall of Fame weekend in Cooperstown. Greg Maddux told fart jokes. [Deadspin]
- Frank Thomas, on the other hand, was very emotional. [Deadspin]
- If you're able to hold in a shit and a piss for a while AND you have $1.5MM burning a hole in your pocket, the town of Aladdin, Wyoming may be for you! [Y! / Odd News]
- And finally, your video. NFL training camps got underway last week, and I'm a bit of a football nut . . . noted football blogger Matt Ufford runs down the five most forgettable quarterbacks of the 1990's. If there were a "halcyon days" of forgettable quarterbacks, it would have been the 1990's:
HEY, CHECK IT OUT! IT'S MARK MCGWIRE'S BROTHER!
Let's make tomorrow's links better! Send your links, videos and other shit my way:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Also, a new episode of Beyond Checkerdome comes your way later this week.