The Blues did stuff . . . and stuff.
- Remember Peter Mueller? Well, he'll be with the Wolves next year, most likely, on a one-year two-way deal. And look at that mullet! What a beauty . . . boy, South County bars better be on the lookout for this guy. [SLGT]
- Part one of a two-part (I presume) series on hating the Central Division, from the perspective of a Predators fan . . . in this case, PredCast co-host Dan Bradley. We presume the upper echelon includes the Note. I mean, it kinda has to. [On the Forecheck]
- Remember when Justin Abdelkader launched himself into the head of Vladimir Sobotka, getting five, a game and costing Team USA a chance at advancing at the IIHF Worlds? Well, the IIHF suspended him three games for that. Unfortunately, it only covers IIHF-sanctioned events. Such as . . . the Worlds. Well that's rather weak. Get fucked, Abby. [Puck Daddy]
- Eric Staal apparently went a bet too hard on the P90X. He had surgery to repair a muscle in his core, but the Hurricanes expect him to be ready for training camp. [SI]
- The NFL had a lot to do with the NHL's national TV schedule. Shocking. (Or, not.) [Puck Daddy]
- The Sabres are bringing aboard Islanders legend and NHL Hall of Famer Bryan Trottier to be an assistant. Cheers to that. Trottier was a badass. [Buffalo News]
- Dustin Brown got a FedEx package from a Rangers fan, and I'm sad to report the delivery man didn't write "You're a worthless wannabe-tough-guy douchebag" on it. [Puck Daddy]
- 7 rules the NHL needs to change. [Puck Drunk Love]
- Jake Gardiner gets a five-year extension from the Maple Leafs . . . but that doesn't mean he's off the trading block. [Puck Daddy]
- Rick Wamsley led the Blues to a surprise (to some) 1986 Conference Finals appearance in goal. Recently, though, the Senators assistant coach's house nearly burned down in a fire. [Ottawa Sun]
- The Jets apparently think Michael Frolik has a shiny Stanley Cup ring from 2013, and gave it a $3.3MM contract for next season only. [Jets]
- I agree with Andre Reed. "Fuck Bon Jovi". Except he has a reason that doesn't have anything to do with Bon Jovi sucking at music. [Deadspin]
- If you're a cat, you want to be in Massachusetts. I have two cats, but I want a dog. So I'll stay here in Montana. [Y! / The Sideshow]
Support St. Louis music. Support Pokey LaFarge and the South City Three:
Fuck modern country music.
Got links? Got videos? Got other shit? I got one more day this week:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And look for Episode 48 of Beyond Checkerdome this afternoon. It's a good one!